baby hats?

Guest stormync23

Guest stormync23

I am crocheting some baby hats that need a good home! Does anyone know of a good charity that I can contact about these? They are newborn to 3 mos sz

try your social services, also the health dept.. Social services would give them to new moms who are getting assistance. Health dept would give them to the women who have babies that are on the W.I.C program..

at my local Wal-mart they put out a bin just after christmas for hats, mittens & scarves which then get donated to the local food bank.

you could also try your local church, salvation army or children's consignment store (at one near me if your items don't sell you have the option of picking them up or donating the a home for teenage mothers). You can check with any of these place for a place to send your hats

hope this helps

fran

• 3 years later...

you could take them to your local salvation army right now they would hand them out with there christmas gifts. I am taking a bunch of hats, mittens and blankets that way if families want them they can recieve them with their christmas baskets .

I know when my sister had her baby I was asking the nurse about the crocheted hats they give each baby. She told me they were donated and hospitals are always looking for someone to donate hats to them for the babys.

Tiffany

I found the CareWare site about 9 years ago.I didn't know where to begin but I wanted to do something for Babies.At the time for a small fee you could send for a booklet with patterns and yarn suggestions.It was a great help. I found a local Hospital thru them and have donated hats.:):):)

Archived