A Stitch Marker

Chatty

I crocheted this this morning when an idea popped into my head. I had a couple of fish hook earring doohickies so I took one and crocheted this stitch marker. The only thing is it doesn't have a way to lock the wire down like the other one's I've been seeing has but I got around that. The top bead was put on right near the earring so the wire slips down into that and gets held so it doesn't slip out.

You can't see the top bead, it also kinda twisted but it makes a pretty good marker for me.

I may get some more wires and beads and do some in thread crochet too.

stitchmarker9km.th.jpg

:frog

Thank you, the top bead which you can't see is blue and they're all the clear color pony beads.

The next one I do will be with thread and the larger seed beads I think, with some sort of latch for the wire end so it won't slip out of the work accidentally.

This first was just a test.

The only ones I can get without having to go online don't have any kind of latch so I'm working on a way to latch them when I make them.

Have you looked for them at Michaels'? That's where I get mine and they seem to have plenty all the time. :hook

We don't have a Michael's here, that's my problem. The only place that I know of that sells craft supplies around here is Wal-Mart. This place I live is sorely lacking in craft supply places and with the price of gas lately I can't just pick up and drive a couple of hours to a place that might have it.

There is one in Gulfport, Hattiesburg and Jackson but all of them are too far away from Natchez to just pick up and go.

Thanks anyway :)

Archived