Cotton Yarn Help

sjkmaurice

I saw a few posts about cotton yarn qualities, but I didn't see any refering to how heavy they are. I would like to make MommaChelle's little girl's halter top in a cotton worsted yarn, and I found Bernat's Cottontots is just that, but I need to know if it will be too heavy for a summer top. :shrug

Thanks, guys, for your help! I can't wait to get started, but I'm tired of the same old acrylic yarn. This will be the first time I ever bought anything not acrylic and it's a big step for someone who doesn't like change! :hook

I have made several tank tops with cottontots. I think they are okay just because they are tanks. They will be a little heavy. However, I just thought I would throw it out that I switched to using Cotton-Ease by Lion Brand and I like that even better. It is a 50/50 blend and it has a slight stretch to it and is smoother to work with and a little bit lighter. They call it a lightweight yarn, but to me, it isn't too light. I can't find it in Walmart or Michael's, but I was able to find it at JoAnn's.

I did end up with CottonTots and I was lucky to even find that! I don't think yarn crafts are that popular up here, or else everyone just settles for acrylic because that's all I found at WalMart. (with the exception of the handicrafter cotton stuff, but I didn't think that would work) Anyway, there's definitly no JoAnn's anywhere nearby and I hesitate to order online because I get gouged with shipping all the time, but I did go to the suggested Herschnners site and I'm find that the Lily Baby Cotton or whatever it's called is probably going to be a great deal, shipping and all. I will continue to look around for that Cotton-ease, though. Thanks!

I did end up with CottonTots and I was lucky to even find that! I don't think yarn crafts are that popular up here, or else everyone just settles for acrylic because that's all I found at WalMart. (with the exception of the handicrafter cotton stuff, but I didn't think that would work) Anyway, there's definitly no JoAnn's anywhere nearby and I hesitate to order online because I get gouged with shipping all the time, but I did go to the suggested Herschnners site and I'm find that the Lily Baby Cotton or whatever it's called is probably going to be a great deal, shipping and all. I will continue to look around for that Cotton-ease, though. Thanks!

Walmart in general doesn't carry much besides acrylic..we don't even have cotton tots at the walmart where I work at!! We have the big cones of sugar and cream and small balls of sugar and cream (if its peaches and cream yall don't laugh at me too much :blush) and that is all they carry in non-acrylic!!!! :eek so thats why most of my projects are in acrylic :lol

Archived