bosnian crochet

sallybb

Question

OH! Sylvia Cosh & James Walters!! I have all their books! What they do to freeform is unbelievable. Sylvia's moth & butterfly shawls are to die for. I just love their things. :manyheart

Have you also searched on "Muslim Crochet", "Shepherd's Knitting" and "Russian Stitch" ?

I found a few sites with examples and patterns but not everyone calls it "Bosnian Crochet" which could be why you're not coming up with much! :)

fingerless gloves

about

And there are a few more...

My understanding is that Shepherd's knitting refers to Tunisian Crochet, Muslim crochet is used interchangeably w. Bosnian, and I was under the impression that Russian Stitch is something else but I am not sure what.

Yes, I have been trying a variety of searches in a variety of languages.

The only thing I found out since is that in a 1996 McCall's crochet mag. there was a pattern by a Michelle Prieto, who also taught a CGOA workshop (Chainlink 96) on Bosnian crochet, same yr.

Is there anyone familiar with that article?

Thanks so much for trying.

Kathy.

II still don't understand how there can be No Info on this.

Have you also searched on "Muslim Crochet", "Shepherd's Knitting" and "Russian Stitch" ?

I found a few sites with examples and patterns but not everyone calls it "Bosnian Crochet" which could be why you're not coming up with much! :)

fingerless gloves

about

And there are a few more...

mmm, isn't that just slip stitches? :think

there's one in the encyclopedia of crochet, I think, for a dishcloth.

I have searched the internet (for days) and came up with no patterns at all other than the one in the Encyclopaedia.

It is done in slipstitch. If you use acrylic, it makes a very dense, yet soft fabric, I could see a nice vest/ jacket made like it. (although a LOT of work)

In cotton, it is much stiffer and harder to work with. (see my little bag in Show and Tell?)

I still don't understand how there can be No Info on this.

Archived