Where did all my knitting needles go?

Jimmie Lu

Seriously I can not find not one single pair!!!!:think

So whats on my needles? I have no idea!:think

I guess I will have to buy some new ones:manyheart

That means a trip to the yarn store:yay

I hope to have some soon so I can join in on learning (or trying again) this craft:hook

I keep all my needle in a big vase in my closet where hubby can't see them. Then I tell him...I can't seem to find my size 4 needles that I need for an order. Guess I'll have to go to the store to get some more. Of course he says...sure honey, no problem...then he grins because he knows what I'm up to. It's fun when you've been married so long...........

Hehe! I know the feeling. It also happened to my crochet hooks, so I bought one each time I go to yarn store, no matter the size it is. :P

Now I put all the crochet hooks and needles in a wire trash can. For a pair of needles, I grab a small rubber band and attach them together. While I use them, I put the rubber band on my wrist or wound it up on one needle that will not go in the way of the project already on it.

I guess it's why I go for the circular needles lately, one less needle to lose!

Sounds great but my problem is that I had a bunch cause I wanted to learn to knit and I did some but get easily aggrivated and quit. Now Ive gone and lost all the needles. And trust me my husband will ask what happened before I buy new ones!!! lol

I guess it's why I go for the circular needles lately, one less needle to lose!

I, on the other hand, HATE circular needles! It is so hard to keep up with them. You have to use a knitting gauge to figure what size each needle is and those stupid cables are all twisted up together. :(

There is probably some kind of item used to store them, but I don't have anything like that and they are all in a jumble. The worst thing about circs to me is that you have to have so many different ones....this size needle in this size length...that size needle in that size length. I did buy the couplers so that I can do the interchangeable needles/cables but you still have to buy needles and cables in every size and length.

I avoid those pesky circs as much as possible (I use DPNs whenever I can) but sometimes they are inevitable.

PS...I keep my straight needles in a tall, clear pasta canister

Lisa - did you try Addi - Turbo needles? The cable is so flexible, it will not curl up. I can understand about the cable lengths. I didn't try DPNs. I like to use both styles for different reasons. Each time, I finish with the circular needles, I put them away in its plastic package. Also, it depends on what brand it is. Some brands already have the size number on needles, like on crochet hooks.

The pasta canister is a great idea! Psst Jimmie, did you buy more ? :P

I have a really lardge vase I keep mine in. The circular ones I keep in there pouches....but I just fell in love with bamoboo needles...so I am restocking my collection with every project.

Archived