Lost a hook arrgh

Don't you just hate that?! :P

Last Friday, I realized I had a project and a ball of yarn - no hook, no tapestry needle. There was a big hole in the bottom of my tote bag. Now I can't finish the work until I either find my H hook or buy a new one.

This happened between lunch and the end of the workday, so it has to be at work, in my car, or in my colleague's car (we carpooled at lunch). I'm going to a wait a few days to see if it turns up. A big shiny purple aluminum hook kinda stands out. Meanwhile, I'm on to my next two WIPs.

Between the cats and the evil couch cushions, I'm funny about my hooks. I never set them down anywhere weird, and when I do hear that infamous pinging on the floor, I get down on my knees and hunt for it.

If it doesn't turn up, Saturday is 50% off coupon day at AC Moore.

I know where you are coming from. I lost my F hook a couple weeks ago. Sitting in my recliner, it fell down into the lost world. Hubby and I have done everything but tear the recliner apart and we just cannot find it. so frurstrating. grrrrrrr

I recently had to buy a size B hook for a sock project. I had my eleven year old niece with me. Instead of just buying one I bought several. Sophie asked why? I told her I never buy just one you never know when you might need more or lend or lose or whatever. She gave me a funny look,but then she is more of a knitter than a crocheter though she knows how to do both. She goes to a Waldorf School.

I feel for you...I really do...its not so much my hooks as it is my snippers....I JUST USED THEM!!! I haven't moved from this spot in HOURS!!! Where could they have gone?!? :angry I have lost SO MANY good pairs that I will only buy the cheap dollar store scissors anymore...

Good Luck in your search!

Archived