Lion Brand

LittleJadeFrog

Silly question... I am on the mailing list for e-letters from Lion Brand. I know they have patterns for BOTH crochet and knitting. Do they do so many crochet then knitting letter and rotate like that - is it like a series? Because I have noticed alot of knitting letters. not so many crochet.

I hope I am explaining myself right.

I get the e-letters from Liond Brand too. Personally, I think it's random what they do, depending on what's new in ideas, patterns, and yarn, and what is most frequently talked about, whether it's from designers or via their website.

Occasionally, they will have more crochet patterns than knitting, but usually it is equal or there are more knitting patterns.

It's too bad, but not necessarily their fault. Perhaps they have more knitting designers contact them to be in-house designers than crocheters. Who knows...

I made it a point to thank them when they offered some particularly nice crochet patterns. If enough people do that, maybe they'll get the subtle hint. ;)

for awhile they have been giving you a knit cable stitch of the week and that's been going on for forever. but...before that, they were doing a crochet motif of the week.

they do mix it up. i just wish they would have 2 different newsletters. one for crochet and one for knitting.

I receive the newsletter too. I sent an e-mail to Lion Brand after I received the 8/17 newsletter because it was 'all things knit' - not a crochet pattern in it! I received a reply from their Customer Service that read, in, part "We try to provide as much of a balance as possible. We offer hundreds of crochet patterns and this month have featured a large number of new crochet patterns already."

In my reply to their reply, I asked them for at least one crochet pattern in each newsletter (:yes). And I reminded them that crocheters buy their yarn - and we use more yarn per project than knitters do (:hook )

I too have gotten frustrated with all the knitting stuff. I'd like a separate issue for crochet. I just plainly don't want to know or see knitting things. I know how to knit, but don't prefer too. Besides, knitted stuff is everywhere.

I can go to their site to see new crochet patterns. The newsletter doesn't add much in the way of crochet.

Just my 2 cents adjusted for inflation!:D

Archived