Little Brown Purse

Debbi-a1

I needed a little purse to take to the laundry mat so I don't have to worry about my big purse. Just big enough for my wallet, cell phone, little notebook, coin purse.

So I did this one. It's quick with 2 strands of RH WW and double crochet. I added a button for security. Lined it with the extra poly/cotton fabric i had. THe strap was too long and stretched (I didn't reinforce it like I should have:blush , didn't have time and didn't think of it with all the coins in there), so I knotted it.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/Debbi-a1/?action=view&current=brownpurse1.jpg

and the lining (with a view of my crochet wallet in it)

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/Debbi-a1/?action=view&current=brownpurse2.jpg

Debbi

That turned out really nice!! I had to chuckle when you said the strap stretched on you. Wellllllll, I crocheted myself a backpack style bag. I put everything that I needed into my "new bag", I "slung" it over my shoulder and boy did the strap "stretch", the bag almost ended up even with my knees!!!!:eek I ended up buying plastic canvas yarn and I just weaved it into the strap!! But the way it stretched, you'd think I had put in the kitchen sink!!:lol

That turned out really nice!! I had to chuckle when you said the strap stretched on you. Wellllllll, I crocheted myself a backpack style bag. I put everything that I needed into my "new bag", I "slung" it over my shoulder and boy did the strap "stretch", the bag almost ended up even with my knees!!!!:eek I ended up buying plastic canvas yarn and I just weaved it into the strap!! But the way it stretched, you'd think I had put in the kitchen sink!!:lol

I like the plastic canvas yarn idea. I have some fishing line I used on my Ripple Bag and I could wave that through I suppose. Or the plastic canvas. I also thought of sewing some ribbon to it (I've heard of that too). I thought with it being so tiny it wouldn't need anything... but coins are heavy:blush I fogot...

Debbi

I made it up as I went. I think I did a ch 20, dc in the round. Then I wouldn't have to sew side seems. The flap I decreased and finally at the top of the point on the flap I did a 3 dc decrease because I wanted to end the flap LOL. I had room between the decreases for the button hole.

Sewn by hand. I did it extra quick as I needed it that day, so I just sewed it to every stitch (around the strand of yarn), which was far apart since it was double stranded and a large hook.

Archived