Muskat/Vienna Style Bag

SilverNimbus

Don't get me wrong tote and big bag lovers but there are times when the PERFECT sized bag is enough. It just has to be big enough to carry the essentials right? Wallet, mp3 player, cellphone, and keys. It was fine to have a great bag to carry my crocheting project but it's just a little sad to see my big bags be so flat with so little in them! So I scoured the internet for a THAT bag. I found this pattern at http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=69&d_id=26〈=us.

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x104/Silver_Nimbus/?action=view&current=CrochetingProjects004.jpg

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x104/Silver_Nimbus/?action=view&current=CrochetingProjects003.jpg

I had alot of trouble with the "popcorn" stitch and it didn't turn out as well as I planned. I think I butchered the poor stitch into oblivion! (And I ran out of yarn once it go to the handles.) I was hoping on some advice as to an alternative to the popcorn stitch that would give the same pretty "scallop shell" (like on the website) look without me having to "cinch" the stitch like in the popcorn because it just puffs. :( I'm planning to remake this bag with a different stitch and a different color yarn. Any suggestions for differnt stitches would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Pam

The purse looks nice. As far as the popcorn st-what yarn did you use? Theirs was done in egyptian cotton. Looks like a sport or even smaller cotton. Maybe thats why it looks different.

The purse looks nice. As far as the popcorn st-what yarn did you use? Theirs was done in egyptian cotton. Looks like a sport or even smaller cotton. Maybe thats why it looks different.

I used worst weight yarn. I think it could also be my gauge when i "cinched" the "popcorn" so it puffed up. But i'm still looking for an interesting stitch for my next bag!

hey i think that turned out great! :cheer

maybe u could try a cluster stitch next time.. to my eyes (it might just be me tho i dunno) it kind of resembles a popcorn without the poof :hook

I love the bag I never would have thought to use popcorn stitch but, it turn out just right to me. Give me a great idea to try one day. I agree with one of the crocheters above cluster stitch would look nice. But, Shoot I love this one also. :)Great job.

I think I'll have to experiment with the cluster and the popcorn stitch. I'm thinking if I can somehow figure out the fan/shell stitch that maybe that pattern will be interesting. But how do i make a fan/shell stitch without it being a solid block? I'll make another one ASAP and I'll tell you how it goes!

Archived