Anyone made the "Triple Treat" afghan in "Afghans by the Pound"?

tiniree

Question

I am starting an afghan pattern called Triple Treat that is in a book by Leisure Arts called Afghans by the Pound by Rita Weiss. It uses dc's and fpdtc stitches.

Has anyone made this before, or one like it?

Marie

6 answers to this question

i don't if it's the same pattern or not, but the WIP blanket i'm doing now, with 100 sts, 50 sts are DC's & 50 sts are FPDC's. and it gives a really different effect on the blanket.

jaye

Jean - I guess the only question I had was what "level" crocheter would it be geared for?

I was also trying to figure out since you turn your work after each row, will this have a definite right/wrong side? Just went in and reread the pattern. I think the only thing I may have a spot of trouble with will be where it says, "Note: Sk dc behind FPdtr". Since I haven't "hit" that point where this info will be needed, maybe I should just wait and see if this "note" makes sense when the time comes :eek.

Truly, I have had this book for over a year and this pattern just "keeps calling me" to work it.

Side note to Jean: I am a big fan of your books! Your "how to" book is the reason I was able to teach my left handed hands to learn to crochet right handed!

Marie

I have this book but have not attempted that pattern yet as I am still practicing front and back post crochet so for me it looks hard since I am just learning that. We learned a bookmark in class using this stitch so I want to do a few more to feel comfortable with it then I will attempt a swatch of that pattern. Also if you look at row 1 it says that is the right side. I just love the patterns in this book. Mary

Hi Marie,

I'd call that pattern intermediate because of the post sts. They are not hard to do once you get started on them. The afghan does have a right and wrong side.

I'm so glad you were able to learn to crochet from one of my books!

If you have any problems when you get to the post sts, send me a personal message and I will be happy to help.

Jean Leinhauser

Archived