Flower Motif curtain tie

LadyintheMoon

Several weeks ago I asked for any ideas you all might have for a big flower motif that I might use for curtains on my doors. I finally ended up using one I found in an old Leisure Arts afghan book. I had to add an extra row, and I intend to make the rest of the tieback, too. But I wanted to get the curtains up on the doors so I went ahead and used ribbon for now.

I admit I'm not as happy with them as I thought I'd be, and I think I want a bit fancier design. I'm gonna keep trying. But I promised to show the finished product... so here we go!

If anyone still has any ideas for future improvements, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

(the color is washed out, but the curtains are more "green" than they look and the ribbon is a darker beige than IT looks!)

1063308822_a825dbe595_o.jpg

1063308810_7e0c766220.jpg

Thank you all so much. The pictures actually don't do the flowers justice. That's the only thing I do like about them... the colors are great... very bold and pretty. I think if maybe I add a string of leaves or something down the front? That's what I was thinking last night... taking the green and making vines of leaves to dangle down the front or something....

:hi

They look gorgeous....I love the ribbon too.....

What about crocheting with beads and wire to make your tie backs?

You can start it from the flower and work back, use green beads...almost vine like.....I guess.

Just a thought.......I still love your ribbon idea!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing

Shellymoo

I like your idea of the flower tie-back with the ribbon. I think I'd skip making the straight part crochet too. It looks better with the ribbon IMO. Your idea of making a few viney strings of leaves is very good too. That will give your tie-backs a designer look that will be unique and beautiful.

I haven't crocheted with wire either but there are a lot of books around that the moment to make crochet beaded wire jewerly and I have seen the wire. It isn't too thick so I think it wouldn't be too difficult......just a thought.....

I still love your orginal idea :cheer

Archived