Vintage Patterns-Tons Free

silkymist

This is one site that is really being careful they are only uploading documents that are truly in the public domain. Thank you so much for letting everyone know about it! :)

Please be aware there ARE sites out there that claim they are making "vintage" patterns freely available, but they are using patterns that are still subject to copyright law. If you want to post any other vintage sites, do your research first and be very, very sure they are following similar guidelines as this particular site is. If you have questions about whether any other vintage pattern site link is compliant with Crochetville's guidelines, feel free to PM me at any time so I can check it out.

This has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Recently, I haven't been able to access any of the books. Have no trouble with pdf's elsewhere. Would be grateful for any help. Going through antique pattern withdrawal, lol

:)Alosha

This has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Recently, I haven't been able to access any of the books. Have no trouble with pdf's elsewhere. Would be grateful for any help. Going through antique pattern withdrawal, lol

:)Alosha

Are you able to open a different browser on your computer? That is, if you're using Internet Explorer, can you try Foxfire or Netscape Navigator? For some reason that helps me with difficult PDFs.

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader, and give the files plenty of time to load. They are HUGE files, they are scans of whole books, many with dozens of pages. They take a [relatively] long time to load up on my cable modem, I think if you had dial-up it would be a problem.

Good luck, this is a great site :)

Archived