Yarn outlet

Did you guys know that Peaches and Creme has an outlet store in Old Fort, NC! :c9 I didn't until this week and a co-worker and I went yesterday. They have all of their colors in skeins and cones. They also have a 'seconds' room but that is kind of a mess because nothing has the label on it.

Ooooh! I live in Greer...how far of a drive from the upstate?:devil

With traffic, it took us about 2 hours from Greenville.:drive

Here is what the website says:

When visiting Western North Carolina visit our

Outlet Store

at

550 Orchard Street

Old Fort, NC 28762

828-668-7667/1-800-633-7829

Store Hours are 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday.

I am currently moving into Tega Cay (suburb of Charlotte). According to mapquest, it is a two-hour drive from me. I totally understand that the selection was neat, but what were the prices like? (With gas prices what they are, I was just wondering if this is for entertainment and indulgence or if it is actually frugal and fun.)

The prices on the 1st quality stuff is exactly the same that is on the webpage. As for the 2nd quality stuff, 2 oz. skeins were $0.90 and the cones were $5.50. When all is said and done, it evens out between shipping and gas prices, but if you go to the outlet store, you get to pet the yarn. Also, the colors aren't exactly represented perfectly on the website. My co-worker and I discovered that some of the yarns we thought would be perfect were kind of blah...but some that we thought would be ok, were just beautiful (especially the raspberry swirl and sour green apple).

Archived