Need Crochet Housewarming Gift Ideas

Hi:

I had the perfect housewarming gift in mind for a friend but, alas, after searching all over town for it I can't find it!

The party is tomorrow afternoon so I thought I'd crochet something for my friend tonight and give it to her tomorrow. I have a ton of Handicrafter cotton in stock and thought I'd use that...

I'm thinking "potholders" but if anyone has any pattern ideas for a quick gift(s) I could make, I'd appreciate it. I'm a fast crocheter and I have the time today and tomorrow to work on something.

It doesn't have to be a gift idea for the kitchen.

Thanks.

Cheryl.

I've used worsted weight white cotton to crochet three face cloths in unusual patterns. I then add a bar of natural soap and place everything in a basket tied with a crochet ribbon. The recipient always raves about my hand-made gift, I tell her they are exfoliating cloths!

Dishcloths baby! They're quick, easy, and the people I've given them to love them. In fact, the family members last year whose names I did not draw are hoping that I draw their name this year so they can get some too.

Thanks everyone for your great ideas. :D

The computer ate my last post so I'll rewite it...:angry

I ended up making 3 cotton washcloths and putting them into a gift basket for my friend's guest bathroom.

Also included in the basket were some items from The Body Shop (lotion, soaps, etc.). I splurged and bought a plush chenille bath ruffle. Wow, is it ever soft. :c9 If I make a gift basket again, next time I'll crochet one of these. I also have a stash of single balls of chenille in my basement and this hadn't occurred to me to use it for this purpose. The salesperson said the bath ruffles are one of their best sellers.

Cheryl.

Archived