I feel slightly guilty!

Actually, I feel really guilty. Our county fair is this week. Last year I entered 6 items and won blue ribbons for all. This year, I didn't enter anything! Life got in the way, and needless to say, I didn't get my rear end up to the fairgrounds with the items I had ready to go. Yes, I had them all picked out, ready to go, and I still didn't take them.

When I went to the fair on Wednesday, I went straight to the crafts display. It was horrible! There were 3 afghans, 1 bed jacket, a scarf and maybe 10 doilies....that was it for crocheted or knitted items! I couldn't beleive it! Must be everyone was lazy like me....or no one knits or crochets in Oneida county. I felt really bad. I hope that the poor showing doesn't make them do away with the whole thing.

Next year I swear I won't be so lazy!

Sometimes it is good to have an "off" year just so as to get doubly motivated next time. That is fantastic you did so well last year!

Sometimes it is good to have an "off" year just so as to get doubly motivated next time. That is fantastic you did so well last year!

Exactly. One year I didn't enter any afghans and the showing was very poor in the afghan department. So the next year, I made one and entered and there were like 30 or so. It really depends on the year.

Our Fair used to only let you enter one think in each lot, but because the amount entered was down last year, they raised it to two per lot.

So I made Two Afghans, Two clothing, One Miscellanceous, and a doll clothes set.

My fair is next week, so wish me luck.:)

But it really depends on the year. Some are just much better in showing items made than others. So just start getting ready for next year!:yes

:manyheart

Actually, I feel really guilty. Our county fair is this week. I didn't enter anything! Life got in the way. Next year I swear I won't be so lazy!

Don't feel guilty, life happens to all of us. Just mark your calendar for next year and be sure to get your entries in on time!

My fair is next week, so wish me luck.:)

Wishing you lots of luck on your entries!

Archived