HELP! Lion Brand Swing Jacket

veghead

Question

Thanks for clicking!!

We're in despirate need of your help!!!!

My mother is visiting me and working on the LionBrand Matinee Swing jacket(http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60582A.html?noImages=.) She just started the sleeves and has questions about the increases. I reviewed the pattern and I'm confused too.

On Row 1: Hdc in 3rd ch rom hook (counts as two hdc)....

Inc Row: Ch 2, turn, hdc in first hdc (inc made).

If you follow the directions an increase won't be made. You're just repeating the same steps as in Row 1.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

4 answers to this question

:think The turning CH is the first stitch so it seems to me they are increasing at the start of each row only by working the CH3 then the first HDC into the HDC the CH is sitting on. (The stitch you usually avoid when working straight)

This increases the same as increasing both ends of alternate rows.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Normally in HDC you do not skip the first stitch, nor do you crochet into the turning chain, as you would for DC or TR or taller.

I agree, the instructions are not right. As written, you are only making 1 increase, (2 HDC in the last stitch in the row). Since you are supposed to be increasing 2 stitches each row, I would make 2 HDC in the first stitch as well.

I've found Lion Brand patterns are quite error-prone, unfortunately.

If you make a chain 2 and do an hdc into the first stitch, you have made an increase because the ch 2 is counted as a stitch in the pattern. It says that you are only to increase ONE stitch on every 4th row so you will do that by using the ch 2 and the hdc.

(personally, I would do a ch1 then put 2 real hdc into the first stitch for my increases.)

Archived