a different way to find purse handles

pursehandles.jpg Well, I'm always on the look out for purse handles. The prices of these things astound me. wow- expensive! Anyway, lately I've been finding summer purses at thrift shops with the coolest wood handles on them. I found one for 99 cents and one for 69 cents. Brought it home and chopped off the purse and ta-da purses handles for when I need them.

Just thought I would share what I've found lately. If you are needing any purse handles, don't forget to look at the thrift stores. You might be surprised to what you find.

Everytime I go to the Goodwill store near my house, I do the samething. So far thou, no decent purse handles, but I look everytime.

I was in Joann's this past weekend and I found some nice handles that were on liquidation....I paid $1.97 each....all marked down from $6.99!!!

I bought a bunch of purses at the dollar store last month and took off the handles and they also had the D Ring thingys that with the bars that screw off. (Did that make sense?????)

I did the same thing a few weeks ago, and got some really cute wooden handles. But I'm also going to try to salvage the bag lining, as it has all kinds of little pockets and zippers-if I crochet a bag similar in size, then it will also be reusable!

The purse is still lying on my "to do" pile, haven't had time to mess with it yet, but I will! :yes

I did the same thing a few weeks ago, and got some really cute wooden handles. But I'm also going to try to salvage the bag lining, as it has all kinds of little pockets and zippers-if I crochet a bag similar in size, then it will also be reusable!

The purse is still lying on my "to do" pile, haven't had time to mess with it yet, but I will! :yes

Way to recycle....that's a great idea too. :cheer My purses didn't have lining in them.

I've found old purses at thrift stores and yard sales for handles and zippers and hardware. Remember leather handles work great too. Also I have used old leather and cloth belts for purse handles. I also look for long scarves for embelishments on purses.

I've found old purses at thrift stores and yard sales for handles and zippers and hardware. Remember leather handles work great too. Also I have used old leather and cloth belts for purse handles. I also look for long scarves for embelishments on purses.

I forgot about leather handles. I have to look for that next time. Thanks for sharing:yay

Don't forget to check the purses themselves.

My daughter recently bought a gucci bag for 10 cents at thrift store. She sold it on ebay for $30.... She even advertised it as thrift store find lol.

Don't forget to check the purses themselves.

My daughter recently bought a gucci bag for 10 cents at thrift store. She sold it on ebay for $30.... She even advertised it as thrift store find lol.

oh my goodness! WOW!:woo:jumpyay good for her!

I've done that with Longaberger baskets before.

Archived