Big Sisters and Brothers needed for Special Needs Youth

losingmymind2

Hi Natalie!

I agree, when you die you go to Heaven or the other place, but either way you go through Atlanta. Mom had to go to Atlanta to get from Newark, NJ to Jacksonville, FL...both on the COAST. Oh well, the airlines were nice to her cause she's a sweet little old lady.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just going to say I wonder if I could visit my 2 cousins that live in Atlanta & Buford, GA at that time but I think Pamela would be a WEE bit upset w/me if I met you before I met her<GGG>! I WILL get to MN or Nancy's Notions in WI and meet up w/her yet dangit<G>!

Nancy

Hey, Mtn Mama I have a solution. You want to meet Pamela before meeting us down here in Georgia. How about doing it at the same time. She is hoping to come here for the Embroidery conference and stay with me, You could come and stay with your family and friends and we all fnd a time to get together and meet. Sounds like so much fun. And of course during conference we will need someone to entertain all those special angels so we are calling on my granddaughter Jacqui to do that. She already works with Heather and Kim and another young man, and is getting lots of good experience. She is looking forward to meeting Rosa and doing some things with her too. Bringyour daughter too and maybe we can find some special experiences for her. It will be a memorable time for all.

SunTrust Bank currently is running a promotion called My Cause, a

special promotion built around one of SunTrust's core values: giving

back to our local communities. This promotion provides a great way for

Angel supporters to help raise funds.

INTRODUCTION

My Cause Promotion

What: SunTrust's My Cause promotion offers clients who open a new

checking account the choice to have SunTrust give $100 to their favorite

charitable organization

Who: The My Cause promotion applies to anyone who opens a new SunTrust checking account – personal or business – from August 6 through October 12, 2007.

When: *To be eligible, clients or U.S.-based businesses need to open a

new checking account from August 6 through October 12, 2007, accept a

new SunTrust Visa® Check Card, make any purchase using the new card, and complete and submit an online redemption form by November 15, 2007. A household may have a maximum of two donations or gift cards (one personal account and one business account). The $100 donation can be directed to IRS-recognized 501©(3) organizations as listed at suntrust.com/mycause (powered by guidestar.org).

Where: Stop by any SunTrust branch or visit suntrust.com/mycause

to learn more.

My Cause Promotion

As an extension of SunTrust's commitment to community reinvestment,

SunTrust has embarked on a new promotion called "My Cause," that

is meant to support fundraising for nonprofit organizations.

From August 6 through October 12, clients who open a new SunTrust

Personal or Business Checking account, accept a new SunTrust Visa®

Check Card, and make any purchase with it by November 15, 2007, will be empowered to make a choice: Choose for SunTrust to either

donate $100 to Our Special Angels. This promotion is a great way for you to show your support and help us raise funds. The donation will be made by SunTrust in your name or anonymously, if you wish. Signing up is simple – visit suntrust.com/mycause to complete an online redemption form for the donation.

We hope you will consider supporting Our Special Angels

I do not know anyone that works for this bank - and have no affiliation

but when Natlaie shared this information I thought this is something I

can do - and wow $100 that is super. I am going to do an online

application - HH

Hi! Here's the states that the SunTrust bank is available for that $100 donation: AL, AR, DC, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, OH, TN, VA and WVA.

Hope we can get some help here. These Angels are doing wonderful work but supplies and postage cost money!

THANK YOU!

Nancy

I have a brother in Mississippi so I am going to ask him - all he can say is no right - and another relative in Florida - if we could jsut get ten people lined up that would sure help a lot - supply these kids for a few months - sure worth an email to anyone that lives there and just ask HH

WE still have several girls needing big sisters - we had a giant birthday party last night as it is one yar since we got our non profit federal status - yippee and the Angels made flip flops and ate and ate and ate of course typical young people !!! If someone can tell me how to upload photos I will post some here let me go see if there are instructions somewhere on the site HH

HI! I wanted to thank everyone that has joined OurSpecialAngels and all the offers of help with MUCH needed supplies and becoming Big Sisters or Big Brothers. The Angels very much appreciate any and ALL help.

If you haven't already, come over and join and become part of a great 'family'.

THANK YOU

Nancy

President of OurSpecialAngels

I just wanted everyone to know how great it feels to be a parts of this group. I am new here and already have a little buddy, she is great and so thankful to just have someone to talk to. I reallly makes you feel good inside. So if anyone out there is searching for a charity where you are truely needed and can feel like you are really making a difference check them out. You wont be disapointed.

deb

Hi, I am Natalie the chair of the Big/Llittle Sister program, I am so thrilled, everyone is keeping me busy getting the information back and forth to get all these new big and little sisters set up to contact each other. I know some have been contacted already and they are so thrilled. We have some wonderful people coming into the group and many are from here. You are just awesome folks.

We still need more Big Sisters so if you can pass the word that would be great. I also need to post pictures of the Angels South picnic, We did ours with the Hawwaiin theme so we all wore leis We had a lot of fun. The girls sure do enjoy being together.

Thanks for all you are doing for us.

Natalie

• 2 weeks later...

I still need a few more big sisters, I have girls who dont have one yet and sure would like them all to have someone special, The ones who do have them and have made contact are really enjoying it, I am hearing about phone calls made to each other, packages received and emails received, Its really wonderful to see everyone getting to know each other. If you have joined our group and are a big sister, thanks and I hope you are enjoying it, If you havent think about being a big sister to one of these special young people.

HI! Anyone have Walgreens stores by you? They have a coupon in their Sunday flyer that shows generic quart and ziploc bags (their brand) for only 99 cents each with a limit of 4. I know at the Walgreen here in town, most of the time they'll let you take the coupon off a flyer in the store or just scan one they have at the register already. The Angels could REALLY use these to bag up and price the items they're selling at their craft shows. It would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Thank you!

Nancy

Thank you Debora....any/all qt and gallon ziploc bags will be MORE than welcome.

Generic are actually the best as there is usually no writing on the bags themselves.

THANK YOU!

Nancy

Poor little Melissa....she's so sad.......she's wanting a Big Sister SO bad. Can you help? She's 18 and still in school. Would love to have someone to call her Big Sister. If you'd like more information, please email Natalie at: Granat149@aol.com

Thank you and thank you for helping a Special Angel FEEL special!

Nancy

I would love to help as I am sure I could be a Big Sister even from Scotland as I am already a real daughter/sister/auntie long distance and so have lots of practice with packages and emails and letters.:D I will email you right away. I am so glad I stopped into Crochetville today:c9 as I have seen so many great projects and ideas and everyone seems so nice!:manyheart

I'm SO excited. I just bought something on ebay and they told me that a

small portion of money would be donated to the Angels.

How easy is that! Something I was going to buy - needed - anyway and

get to donate to my FAVORITE charity and it didn't hurt at all<G>!

Pennies from Heaven<G>!

What fun!

Nancy

Archived