Brain Fart, i need help please

kimmiep621

Question

I can usually figure out pattern after few tries. this says begginer. and i think i'm reading into it too much. i've done ones way harder then this. :eek

http://wavyripple.notlong.comthis is what i'm trying to work on. at first it was curving too much. so i made my chain lot looser and used bigger hook. ok thats fine and dandy now. lol but i need help here highlighted in red

Row 1 (Right side): Ch 3, 4 dc in first sc, * skip next sc, [dc in next sc, skip next sc] 7 times **, [5 dc in next sc] twice; rep from * to last sc, end at **; 5 dc in last sc; turn.

what is the 7 times and twice? do i do it 7 times in row, or do the [dc in next sc, skip next sc] then skip and do the [5 dc in next sc]?

and do i do [5 dc in next sc] right next to each other? like 5 in the one sc and 5 in the next sc?

man i htink i just need some sleep thanks for any help u can give me.

6 answers to this question

:cheer This is more of a wavy ripple than a zig-zag, pointy one.

The increases (5DC into next st twice) means you are making 2 stitches into 10 thus increasing 8 stitches.

The decreases are made by working the DCs with a SK stitch between.

There is a bit at each end of the row which increases some stitches to balance out the rest of the row.

Hope this helps.

If not, PM me and I will do some and take a picture for you to see how it works.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

if you do just as it says, you will get the ripple. Here is the (sk 1, dc in next) 7 times as a segment. The marks show the 7 dc; I'm guessing you can see the skipped sc in there

ripl1.jpg

here you can see how it continues after you do the (5dc in next sc) twice and so on across the foundation row

ripl2.jpg

Archived