Testers Found for Shawl and Wrap, Thanks!

Noahsmom

I need a couple of testers, one to test the shawl and one to test the wrap I showed in this thread Shawl /Wrap.

I'd like you to be able to post a photo when finished and give me finished measurements. It is very easy and quick to make.. I wear my wrap all the time, it is light and airy but warm and fashionable too. Packs into a purse for on the go. I have been making them as gifts and also as prayer or comfort shawls.

Please let me know if you want to test the shawl (comes to a "V" in the back) or the more rounded wrap.

Thank you!

I am almost done! This has been a joy to test! Easy to understand instructions and I have found nothing too difficult about it! I really don't like counting so much but this worked up so fast it wasn't really too bad! I just have the edging to do and fringe but not sure if I will have enough yarn for the fringe. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. I used Caron Jewell Box in Tourmaline from my stash and had almost 2 1/2 skeins. I should have enough for the edging, just not sure about fringe. Noahsmom....it is a wonderful pattern and I never thought that using a simple stitch and bigger hook would give such a nice effect! Wonderful! You've done a great job! Thank you very much!

I am almost done! This has been a joy to test! Easy to understand instructions and I have found nothing too difficult about it! I really don't like counting so much but this worked up so fast it wasn't really too bad! I just have the edging to do and fringe but not sure if I will have enough yarn for the fringe. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. I used Caron Jewell Box in Tourmaline from my stash and had almost 2 1/2 skeins. I should have enough for the edging, just not sure about fringe. Noahsmom....it is a wonderful pattern and I never thought that using a simple stitch and bigger hook would give such a nice effect! Wonderful! You've done a great job! Thank you very much!

:blush Thank you! Wow, your hook is flying! :hook It is really a simple pattern. One suggestion, if you don't have enough yarn to do the 2 strand fringe, you can just use 1 strand for each, that will cut it down by half or you could make the fringe shorter. Just a couple of ideas. Can't wait to see yours!

:blush Thank you! Wow, your hook is flying! :hook It is really a simple pattern. One suggestion, if you don't have enough yarn to do the 2 strand fringe, you can just use 1 strand for each, that will cut it down by half or you could make the fringe shorter. Just a couple of ideas. Can't wait to see yours!

I will definitely have to do the wrap to see if there is enough! I'm sure it will be fine without the fringe, but I really think the fringe helps make the overall appearance wonderful! I see many of these in my future! The next one is going to be made with Joann's Sensation Boucle! Again I must say this is a wonderful pattern and I hope who ever else is testing has the same great results! :clap

Here are a few pictures of the Shawl I finished yesterday. I have an old digital and inside pictures don't turn out so well, but today outside ones didn't either, so i just picked the best of the worst! LOL The close up shots show the color of the yarn better but not exactly! I used Caron Jewel Box in Tourmaline colorway. It is a medium worsted. Pics are clickable....thanks for looking!

th_shawlcloseup1.jpg

th_shawl8.jpg

th_shawl5.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the Shawl I finished yesterday. I have an old digital and inside pictures don't turn out so well, but today outside ones didn't either, so i just picked the best of the worst! LOL The close up shots show the color of the yarn better but not exactly! I used Caron Jewel Box in Tourmaline colorway. It is a medium worsted. Pics are clickable....thanks for looking!

th_shawlcloseup1.jpg

th_shawl8.jpg

th_shawl5.jpg

Wow! Really pretty! Great job!

I haven't even started mine yet. And here you are, finishing it already! (Looks good, by the way.) I plan on starting tonight. I bought the Moda Dea Dream in black. It was on sale at JoAnn's. :manyheart And I picked up a Q hook while I was there. All I've got to do now is start going! Hopefully I can get it done soon!

Thanks 01buckler15, can't wait to see yours! That yarn is yummy! I've been eyeing it a Joann's...but have been on lay off from work for two weeks and I know things are going to get tight around here so I've had to curb my yarn spending for a little! LOL Have fun with this and post pictures when you are done !

Here's the shawl I tested for Noahsmom. The shawl worked up easily and quickly and was actually a dream to test! I didn't have enough of the wool I wanted to work with, so I ended up using double strand baby wool, but it's light, soft, airy and gorgeous. I can't wait to make another one!

DSC04001.jpg

Thanks for letting me test it Bev. I'd love to do the wrap for you too. ;)

How long was the top of ya'lls shawls? Mine just looks WAY too big! I wrap it around my shoulders and both ends almost touch the floor. I might have to start over. Maybe I went too loose.

I was too loose at first too. It was huge. Now it's about 4 feet across the top length. I ended up doing it a little tighter. But you know, the longer ones are great for larger women! I would have kept it long for myself except I decided to make it for a very petite lady i know.

I was too loose at first too. It was huge. Now it's about 4 feet across the top length. I ended up doing it a little tighter. But you know, the longer ones are great for larger women! I would have kept it long for myself except I decided to make it for a very petite lady i know.

Thanks.

I am going to start over in about an hour, after the kids go to sleep. Mine is going to be for my MIL, and she is not big at all. This time I'll go a little tighter. :hook

:cheer:clap Everyone's shawls look great!!! Thank you so much, you've done wonderfully! I love the different looks from the different yarns.

I wanted to mention, since I can't seem to get the photos to show up in the pdf for some unknown reason, please don't try and do the shawl tighter or smaller. The shawl is long so that it can be tied loosely around your shoulders to stay on. There are many reasons - as a prayer or comfort shawl for those who are ill, it stays on them and doesn't keep falling off.

Also, a variation is to tie the ends behind your back - and it makes a type of shrug (just your shoulders and upper arms are covered in the front, from the back it resembles a shawl. You can also use the long ties to criss-cross around your front like a top and tie in the back to make a sort of jacket. It is very versatile and another reason it is longer. I like being able to tie it on so I don't have to constantly be hanging onto it or adjusting it.

As soon as I can, I'll try and get some photos posted of the different ways to wear this for you to see what I mean.

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I've been out of town the last couple of days and just got home!

Archived