Testers Found for Shawl and Wrap, Thanks!

Noahsmom

Well, here is my wrap:

6-16-2007104.jpg

I love the way it turned out! The pattern was very easy to follow. I used Caron Bliss yarn and the wrap is very soft and warm.

Thank you for letting me test your wrap!

Alright...this shawl has been done since yesterday but I've actually been busy this weekend and had things to tend to so here is the final product, finally! On a side note, as you can see my hair is red, and so is my face after about 1-2 hours of moving in 98 degree weather..please excuse the ragedness of my appearance:)

I used Red Heart Super Saver in Fleck as I knew it was a color my mother would wear with pride and I wouldn't have to go back to the store:) The pattern worked up very easy..just had to get used to using a Q hook..my poor wrist:hook Thank you Bev for letting me test for you!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/Nahvrianna/bevsshawl3.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/Nahvrianna/bevsshawl2.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/Nahvrianna/bevsshawl.jpg

Oh Miranda, it's gorgeous!!! I love it. What type of yarn did you use and what were your measurements please? It looks like you may have used more fringe as well? (That's ok, it looks beautiful!) Thanks so much!

I used Patons Nuance. Label info is Bulky, 50g balls, 77% Acrylic, 11% wool, 11% Mohair, 1% metallic thread. I used approximately 5 balls (which I got on clearance at Michaels for $2 a ball).

The measurements are 80" wide by 35" long. I was planning on giving this one away but once it was done I decided that I am keeping it for me. I love the fact that it can be worn mutiple ways.

Thanks for allowing me to test this for you. Wonderful pattern.

I finally got my shawl done! It took me so long because I only get a chance to work on it for an hour or so after the kids are in bed. I was watching a movie when I first began so I kept on loosing count. :( My fault. Next time I have to pay close attention to how many stitches are in use, I will not watch a movie that I haven't seen yet!

Any ways I used Moda Dea Dream in black. Since I had such a hard time with the gauge I went down to a P hook. Sorry I just couldn't get it right with the Q hook. I ended up being ten feet long! :eek With my way of using the P hook it is 80 inches across and 25 inches from the point to the top.

Here it is : My shawl tested

And here it is with me holding it up.

I would put the pics here, but they are too large. I can't figure out how to get it smaller and clickable.

It's beautiful, great job!!! :cheer:clap Thank you for the photos! I love it in black, very elegant! Here's a little hint about keeping track of the # of stitches, you can crochet to the end of the row (or where you think it should be) and go back to the beginning of the row and count the stitches you made, they are easy to see. That way you don't have to count while stitching! :hook

01buckler15...your shawl is gorgeous! Good job! I think they all have turned out wonderful! Good Pattern, Noahsmom! Thank you for letting me test it!

It's beautiful, great job!!! :cheer:clap Thank you for the photos! I love it in black, very elegant! Here's a little hint about keeping track of the # of stitches, you can crochet to the end of the row (or where you think it should be) and go back to the beginning of the row and count the stitches you made, they are easy to see. That way you don't have to count while stitching! :hook

Yea, the funny thing is that when I did that, my husband would talk to me right in the middle somewhere so I would have to start over again. Either that or something would have to happen in the movie.

Thanks for the comment. I was making it for my MIL. I thought she would like it for when she goes out. I may make her another one in white. But I'm not sure.

Thanks for the comment. I was making it for my MIL. I thought she would like it for when she goes out. I may make her another one in white. But I'm not sure.

So...... other than having to count the stitches, how did you feel about the pattern? Were you pleased with the shawl, did you find any errors or have any problems?

Bev

So...... other than having to count the stitches, how did you feel about the pattern? Were you pleased with the shawl, did you find any errors or have any problems?

Bev

I love the pattern, I found no errors, it was easy to follow, and I am still amazed at how such a simple stitch with a large hook can look so gorgeous! I think you have done a wonderful job! Thank you!:clap

Bev

I found no errors and had no problems! (Other than my stitch counts:lol) You did a great job in designing the shawl! :hook Like I said, I plan on making another one for my MIL in white. I wouldn't think about that if I didn't like it! :D

Well, I didn't have as much luck with the pattern. :ohdear It must be just me. I tested the rounded wrap for shorties (like me) and umm...I don't know what I did wrong. Here's pictures:

Side View

Back View

So I know I crochet tight, but I did use a Q hook and the Joann's Sensations (big skein) yarn. It wasn't nearly as long on the sides as others have done or nearly as long in the back. :think I have no clue what didn't work for me. And the sl st decreases at the beginning of each row made the edges pucker. I intentionally crocheted loose too, for me at least. :blush Any ideas? I didn't add the fringe since it was just too small; frogged it instead to try again later.

Loved the open stitch, though! Thanks for letting me test!

Well, I didn't have as much luck with the pattern. :ohdear It must be just me. I tested the rounded wrap for shorties (like me) and umm...I don't know what I did wrong. Here's pictures:

Side View

Back View

So I know I crochet tight, but I did use a Q hook and the Joann's Sensations (big skein) yarn. It wasn't nearly as long on the sides as others have done or nearly as long in the back. :think I have no clue what didn't work for me. And the sl st decreases at the beginning of each row made the edges pucker. I intentionally crocheted loose too, for me at least. :blush Any ideas? I didn't add the fringe since it was just too small; frogged it instead to try again later.

I was going to try one in the sensations rainbow boucle that I have in my stash...it doesn't look as thick as what your pictures do. I think if I were you I would try an "S" hook maybe? Your stitches do look tight, but they also look very nice! Good Luck with your next try! Maybe a different yarn would yield different results too.

Hello,

I'm sorry you didn't get the results you wanted! The yarn of course does make a difference in the drape and shape, but it does look like you crocheted too tightly, and that is what caused it to be too short and the decreases to pucker. Try practicing getting the gauge very loosely and do it until you get the feel for how loose you need to hold the yarn. Once you get the gauge down you'll know how to do the pattern to get the look you want. Chant -- loose and airy, loose and airy. :D

I'll also add, if you had added the fringe, it would have made a big difference in the shape as well as the length (I included the fringe in the final measurements). The weight of the fringe pulls it out somewhat and would help with straightening out the puckering.

You may email me if you need help or have questions!

:hook

Here it is, the rounded wrap that I have tested: crocheted in Moda Dea's Aerie :) I finished fringing it at work today and I just HAD to wear it the rest of the day because it matched perfectly! ;)

2071311200026294795PiPnLU_th.jpg 2407016340026294795OoNICk_th.jpg 2831824800026294795GJWdUY_th.jpg

(click to enlarge)

I was having problems with how I was reading the instructions for the decreases at first, thinking I decreased in just 3 stitches, but it's a decrease 3 times at the beginning of the row!

Archived