Want to make a felted cat bed for my furbaby.

boo1

We keep the house rather cold (at least according to what the cat told me!). I'd like it to be like a bowl, but just large enough for her to cozy up in.

Any tips? :knit

Thanks!

I made a crocheted variation of the Kitty Pi bed for our cat. I just finished it and haven't had a chance to take any pictures yet.

http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm

To make the bottom, just make a flat round (like making a round dishcloth), then to make the sides, just keep going in the round, but not increasing.

It took a couple of tries to felt because I have a front-loading washer, but the last trip with two old bath towels and an old pair of tennis shoes did the trick.

I'll try to post a picture of it tonight.

Anna

Search for the thread on Crochetville for "kitty cuddles" and you might find what you're looking for. It's crocheted, as opposed to the knitted version in an earlier message on this thread.

Awww, I really have no advice...I just wanted to say that I love your kitty, Anna!

Thanks! I thought I made the bed too big, but as you can see, it's just about right. We're thinking about getting him a playmate. I guess I'll be making another bed!

Anna

Oh yours is so cute - it looks like your kitty really likes it. The one I referred to was just the pattern I used. That picuture was Chrome Kitty's. Just wanted to clarify - didn't want anyone to think I was claiming another person's work as mine. It was fun to make, but it seemed so huge before felting.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived