Baby Round Ripple ..?

andersonsrus

Question

I have finally narrowed down the afghan that I am going to make for my Oncologist who is having her second baby.

It is betweem two both by Chrome Kitty. Blended Pastels with shell edging and the round ripple (bright rainbow)

I am looking for a wow factor.

Now for the yarn and hook. I just don;t want it too heavy. SO what would you guys use, 1 or 2 strands and what size hook. I crochet on the tighter side.

Time is ticking need to start asap

8 answers to this question

I crochet a little tight, too. I found the pic but not the pattern for the blended one, I suspect you would need 2 strands for the blending effect so the finer weight the better. (2 strands of RH WW would make a heavy rug, even with a N hook; I just tried :) )

Ooh, they're both pretty. As a crocheter I think I like the blended one because it's more unusual, but the rainbow has 'color wow'. Hmmm. Maybe you could ask the recipient if she has decorated in pastels or primary colors.

BTW hope you are doing well and the worst of what you need your oncologist for is behind you. :hug

I just made one, you can see on my blog, I used bernat baby coordinates and an N hook but I would say that it was pretty heavy, not too heavy for a baby blanket, but it wasn't a light blanket. If you blend, I would use a lighter weight baby yarn if you want it to be very light.

:hook How about creating your own WOW! Factor by creating your own colour scheme.

What I like to do the most is a true Rainbow using all bright, dark colours.

Start with red for the centre and work 3 or 4 rows each of the 8 colours and end with a nice edge.

I always use 8ply (DK) and a 4mm hook so it is nice and easy to work with and not too heavy when finished.

My last one, I did 6 rows of each colour and found that it took more the a full 100G ball to complete the purple so, because I did not have more purple at the time, I had to adap at the end by adding a border of Eyelash in Rainbow colours to finish the edg so the lack of rows did not show.

I will do no more than 5 rows of each in future.

th_100_0335.jpg

The purple is under the border but I will do it different next time.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, this is the same as my Simple Ripple pattern so if anyone else wants it, let me know.

Archived