DrawString Bag Pattern

CroJulee

dbagpicocean.jpg

Editeddbagpat.jpg

Here is a pattern I wrote about 1.5 years ago, and finally decided to actually post it. I had it tested in the testing rooms

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23797 .

I hope ya'll enjoy this pattern. It can be used in various ways. For cell phones, change, a little purse for a little girl.

Round Drawstring Bag

By Julee Reeves

Bag Measures 4 ½ inches from top to bottom (including ruffle), and 3 inches wide when flat on a table or hard, smooth surface.

Materials:

Small amount worsted weight yarn ( I used Red Heart Ocean, and Mexicana in my examples)

Size H crochet hook

Tapestry needle for weaving in ends

Some type of marker for marking beginning of rounds.

Gauge- first 3 rounds of bag = 1 ½ inches across

Note- Most rounds are worked continuously, so use some type of marker to mark the beginning of the rounds.

Only join rounds when pattern states to.

Ch 2,

Rnd 1 : Sc in second ch from hook 8 times. (8 sc). Place marker in first sc of this round ,and from now on move marker up to first sc of every round.

Rnd 2: 2 sc in first sc, and in each sc around. (16 sc)

Rnd 3: *2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in next sc. Repeat from * to end. (24 sc)

Rnd 4-10: sc in each sc around. At end of round 10, sl st in top of first sc.

Rnd 11: Ch 3, working in front of ch 3, dc in stitch to the right of ch 3, * skip next sc, and dc in next sc, Working in front of the last dc, dc in skipped stitch to the right. Cross stitch made. Repeat from * around. Sl st in top of beginning ch 3 . (12 cross stitches made)

Rnd 12-15: Ch 1, sc in same stitch as sl st, and in every stitch around. Work continuously for 4 rounds, making sure to mark first stitch of each new round.. At end of round 15, sl st in top of first sc.

Rnd 16: Ch 1, sc in same stitch as sl st, ch 1, * skip next sc, sc in next sc, ch 1. Repeat from * around. Sl st in top of first sc.

Rnd 17: Ch 3, 2 dc in same st as sl st, * dc in next ch, 3 dc in next sc. Repeat from * around. Sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Finish off ( cut yarn, and weave in all ends)

To make tie:

Ch 54, or until chain measures 12 ½ inches with out stretching.

Weave chain through every space of Round 16, and tie, making sure that the ends of the chain are matched up evenly.

This pattern is an original by Julee. You can sell the products made from this pattern, but not the pattern. But please do not mass produce these for sale (not that this is that great a pattern).

Feel free to copy pattern off for friends and such. I realize not everyone has a computer. and sorry this is so long. My fingers just wouldn't stop typing. Thanks ya'll!!! :)

Thanks everyone, and your welcome!!

I can't wait to see how your purse turned out Miller. I haven't made this purse for a while, but, I think it's time to make a whole batch again (last time I made these I made about 30 of them or closer to forty in about 3-4 days.) .

Anyways, Enjoy the pattern ya'll!! Ohh, and if you think the little copyrightish thing at the bottom of my pattern is to tough please tell me. I don't want to be a stiff, I've just heard alot of pattern writers horror stories.

Julee

Thanks everyone, and your welcome!!

I can't wait to see how your purse turned out Miller. I haven't made this purse for a while, but, I think it's time to make a whole batch again (last time I made these I made about 30 of them or closer to forty in about 3-4 days.) .

Anyways, Enjoy the pattern ya'll!! Ohh, and if you think the little copyrightish thing at the bottom of my pattern is to tough please tell me. I don't want to be a stiff, I've just heard alot of pattern writers horror stories.

Julee

Here is a pic:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55532

oh what a cute little purse :D

i only have nephews but im sure i can rangle up a lil girl to make this for lol

.. hmm *measures cell phone*...

oh what a cute little purse :D

i only have nephews but im sure i can rangle up a lil girl to make this for lol

.. hmm *measures cell phone*...

Hmm, I'll bet you could just work the pattern up to the last row which is the shellish row and maybe use some camoflage yarn, or maybe some black, or blue, or whatever. Oh, and if you think the cross stitch row is to girlish, you could just substitute 2 more sc rows. That might work. Anywho!! Enjoy the pattern.

Julee

Thats so cute! I was actually just trying to make somehing similar to that. I'll have to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, Your welcome!! I hope it works for you. Like I said. It works up pretty fast and it's rather brainless. Something I like...Brainless!!!! :c9:)

Enjoy!!!

Julee

This could probably be used as a soap saver as well if you used cotton yarn...

Hmmm, I'm making this tonight and trying cotton yarn. Good Idea. Never used a soap saver before so this will give me a chance.

Thanks for the idea!!

Julee

• 3 months later...
Yet another cute idea to use with my nieces

oh, cool beans. I hope your nieces enjoy it!!! They work up so quick!! I did 30 in one week one time. Could have done more but I have some wrist problems.

• 6 months later...

Archived