color pros! Help me pick yarn please!

So, once I get my book I'm going to begin the peacock tail afghan... problem is I want to be sure that I pic the proper colors. I want the colors to be as realistic as I can get, and that's why I'm asking for some help. Just 4 ply worsted weight, but I'd love to find something with a little shimmer if that's possible. Each eye I want to edge with fun fur but I'm undecided on what color of fun fur would be best; peacock or a bronze... you can see my thread with a pic of the afghan here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55198

here is a pic of a peacock eye from my vase to help in color selection... thanks for any help and color suggestions!!! :hook

eye.jpg

I have no idea for specifics, but what I would do, would be to take either the picture or the actual pecock eye with me to the store if I could... I'd use a bronze for the edging, peacock tends to be a green-ish teal kind of color, which is more of the middle of the eye color.

I have no idea for specifics, but what I would do, would be to take either the picture or the actual pecock eye with me to the store if I could... I'd use a bronze for the edging, peacock tends to be a green-ish teal kind of color, which is more of the middle of the eye color.

That was gonna be my idea!:hook

I'd use Caron Simply Soft. It has that 'sheen' you're probably looking for.

that was my thought too. and you could use some of the caron ss brites that would match pretty good! like their blue mint (almost a turquoise color) would be great!

huh, I'll have to go look again! I called my Jo-Ann's store and they carry it. I want to see that sheen you spoke of, it may be perfect! :D

oh how i wish my joanns carried caron simply soft!!!!!! ugggg i am so jealous. but my walmart definatly has it thats where i just got mine.

Archived