Star Along anyone?

I know we have CAL's for just about every crochet project out there. But while looking for one about star-ghans I couldn't find one. So I was wondering if anyone would like to start a CAL with me? I know these are pretty popular now and they make such great gifts.

I'm using THIS pattern. I'm doing 2 different pinks and white on this one. But plan to do a wide range of colors. I'd love to find one that didn't have such an open start.

Anyone want to join in with me? :think

i've always wanted to try this pattern. if you find one with a closed start please let me know i will definatly join you on this one

I'm trying to design one right now. I think I have it down, but need to do a couple more rounds to make sure it will lay correctly! :cheer

Ooh, ooh! I'll join this one!

I'm using the pattern you listed to make a large starghan for my mom. My mom loves "beachy" colors, so I'm using mostly Patons Decor Sand Castle Variegated (with a few solid accent stripes), to make my mom a giant "starfish" to curl up in!

I've already made a lot of progress on it, but had to put it down because it's so large and heavy and the weather's so hot!

Giant acrylic/wool afghan + summer do not mix! :hot

It usually cools down here by mid-September, though, so if I pick it back up by then, I should have plenty of time to finish it by Christmas.

In the meantime, I'll have to snap some photos of what I have already completed!

But can I join a CAL on a project I've already started?

hey ya'll!

there was a CAL on this awhile ago, but it kinda got buried. the link is: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42004

and i vote YES! you can joing a CAL for something youve already started.

i have made multiple starghans using the pattern, but i use a magic circle http://www.crochetme.com/Dec_Jan_0405/reads_round.html to start, so it is closed. have fun!

I was curious if you think we could figure out how to add more points to the star? I am not that great with adapting patterns but would love to help figure this out if anyone feels like helping me =o)

I was curious if you think we could figure out how to add more points to the star? I am not that great with adapting patterns but would love to help figure this out if anyone feels like helping me =o)

You can add more points to the ghan but that would change it from a star into a round ripple.

I have wanted to try this one.

Please let me know if you figure out how

to close it.

I will join you. Now to find yarn.

Nancy

I am working on a pattern right now. Actually I have a few people testing it out for me then I will be able to offer it.

Not that I actually need another project, but I can't resist. I'm in! I'll have to run to WM for some blue yarn...I have the red and white already.

Talk to you again soon!

you can do it in any colors you want... mine is in pink and white. But my next one will be variegated red/white/blue.

We have a pattern! After having a few ladies test my pattern for the closed start star-ghan we finally have something that I think is ready to be offered here. I will post it probably later this evening.

I'm in! I'm going to replace my patriotic ripple with this.....I like it much better! I even like the open start! Think I'll use Caron's Simply Soft.

I just finished my patriotic star-ghan!!!!! I made a chair back and arms set. I'll post pics when I figure out how!

I haven't started mine yet but I have my hook and pattern and yarn sitting there waiting for me I have to make 2 pillows and 1 gahn for my friends babys. So once I finish the other stuff I am working on I am gonna go through these.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my starghan. I love the closed center. Thanks for the pattern! It was so easy to follow and worked up very nice. I used Caron SS and an H hook:

872918080_f958a63432_m.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hiya, I am 7 rows into my first star-ghan, and noticed this thread. Is it too late to join? I'm making 2, one for each son, for the holidays.

If there's another thread open that I've missed, please feel free to point that out where I should be posting.

Cheers,

L

Archived