help with adding rows please!!

karen007

Question

I am on the last row of this project and I used a ribbon yarn thinking it would be bulky enough. Well its not I need more rows but have not been able to figure out the repeats. Is there anyone who can somehow help me out. If i have to frog back a few to make it workk thats fine. I have not done the finish row yet. I think I might beed like six more rows. thank you

13 answers to this question

from the way the pattern looks it would be at row 2 where it starts................. because it is already giving ch 5 and 5 st in there spaces there.

My thought was that you could add another pattern rows set of the fan pattern. It follows a very set pattern

You go along and form the base of the fan by the number of dc in that Central ch 5 space. you worked through 5 - 7 - 9 so the next one would be 11 dc worked into the ch 5 space.

Generally>>> Once you have the dc mass (5/7/9) in place you work a row where you work [dc, ch 1]in the dc and then a row of [dc, ch2] in the spaces between dc.

The set up rows for the next set of fans work over the [dc, ch 2] spaces. You can see that they work ch 4 mesh along the sides and a ch 5 as the centre space wherein you would put your 11 dc to form the final set of fans. then work the row of dc-ch1 in dc's and dc-ch 2 in the spaces. (I am only putting the fan info in - the area between the fans has a pattern to follow as well)

I will try to get a pic of this later today if you are not able to follow the words. I like to see what it means as words don't cut it for me. :sigh

Thanks for reply's I will wait on Darski's take on the repeat of between shells before starting this agian. I just love the way the finished pattern picture looked. The ribbon yarn gave it a really nice look thanks agian for helping.

I am crocheting as fast as I can - all things considered and will post pics tomorrow most likely.

I am making a slight change on the last fan making row where I am working the 11 dc into the ch 5 space. I am trying to have less of a dip between fans .. just so it doesn't look odd.

it actually looks quite nice and is draping better at this point than it did before I added this. The weight is helping it to fall better... I think

Here it is finished... well I might add a fancy button and a loop for a closure.

LMfan1.jpg

Here is a closeup of the final fans - they look quite nice in RL

LMfan2.jpg

This pic shows the area between fans where I used a (ch2, dc in space) instead of using the ch 4 mesh so that the "V's" between the fans did not get too deep and look odd.

LMfan3.jpg

And finally, the back of the shawl. it does hang nicely - if I do say so myself) that extra weight of an other pattern set really helped this to look "finished".

LMfan4.jpg

Ok... how it was done.

I just took the last pattern set starting at row 9 and changed it thusly

Row 9: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2), * [sc in next

dc, ch 4] X3, sc in next dc, ch 5, [sc in next dc, ch

4] X3, (I'm only listing part of the row for copyright)

For the next rows, you follow the general directions but you work 11 DC into that ch 5 space.

You also begin to put (ch 2, dc) into the spaces between fans in place of the ch 4 mesh.

Aside from these few differences, you just follow the pattern right down to the ch 3 edging.

With the pics in place, you may be able to ask questions about anything you don't understand. I am not good at writing intricate patterns. I can do this stuff; just can't write it out. :wlol

Darski, Thank you so much. Now I have to try to make one as nice as yours. You are amazing in helping me with this. Hopefully I can get through it without taking up any more of your time. Thank you agian. Karen

Darski, Thank you so much. Now I have to try to make one as nice as yours. You are amazing in helping me with this. Hopefully I can get through it without taking up any more of your time. Thank you agian. Karen

Glad to help and if you have some questions I will try to help again.

Archived