Is this pattern ok?

meldl

Question

Hi There,

I'm hoping someone with a little more experience can take a look at this pattern and tell me if it's ok. I mean it should be, but I just find it light on instructions, instead it relies on following the diagram.

Also, when it says to do 5ch (and we're not talking about the foundation chain), does that really mean 5 loose chains, not connected to the previous row?

Thanks so much - the pattern I'm referring to is the first that appears - top left. It's for a scarf and hat in both adult and childrens sizings. I'm having some trouble with it - it's driving me nuts actually.

This is in the free pattern section of this website so I think just posting this link is ok - no copyright problems.

http://www.cleckheaton.biz/free_patterns/free_ACCESSORIES.htm

13 answers to this question

If you've never worked from a pattern like this, they can be intimidating at first, but once you just get started, I have found it's quite easy to follow this type of pattern.

This one is basically chains and double crochet. Seems quite simple.

I think the answer is practice practice practice.

But thanks - you've reassured me that the pattern is fine. I guess I knew that, but I just wanted to make sure.

I'll keep at it. My attempt looks a bit like a dogs brekky to me at the moment!! :(;)

My attempt looks a bit like a dogs brekky to me at the moment!! :(;)

What is a dogs brekky??:think Excuse my ignorance!:P

I like the pattern for that scarf and hat and a couple of others from there.

Yes, in row 3, where is says ch 5, you will reconnect to the previous row after the previous row did a ch 3, dc, ch 3. The scarf will begin to take shape in the next couple of rows. Just keep going.

Thanks so much - I'll persevere.

A dogs brekky (breakfast) refers to something being a real mess I suppose.

So I felt that so far my scarf is looking like a bit of a disaster. The picture of the scarf unfortunately isn't big enough, but from what I can see of it, it doesn't resemble what I'm doing!!! But perhaps if I just keep at it, it will all start taking shape soon, and start looking less like a dogs brekky!!! :)

I'm not sure if, in Australia, you use English, or American notation. These instructions are English notation, where a double crochet (dc) refers to what we in America call a single crochet (sc).

That is a great pattern stitch... Thank you for bringing it to my attention. :hug

Regarding the dog's breakfast. it was always the tradition that the dog got whatever and all that was left over from the day before and it all got mushed together on his plate however it happened to land. :rofl Maybe we colonials are more in touch with the Dog Lore of England

You know I didn't even think about what I'd written.

I just looked at my work, and Dogs Brekky jumped right to mind!!!:eek

I understand it completely. it is a common expression here as well and says just what you suggested.

Archived