Graphing an afghan question

My son wants me to make a graphed afghan with the New Orleans Saints symbol on it. I have never done a graphed afghan before. We found the image he wants and we put it into that knitpro program. My question is: Do you use a graph that gives you like 105 x 120 squares or one that is approx. 42 x 49 squares?

for an afghan I do the largest one they have there and usually have to add on some. for something like a tote size I do the middle one.

I would definitely use the largest one for an afghan.

When I started one of these, the largest size (160 by something) was just going to work ... if I put a nice border on it.

My son wants me to make a graphed afghan with the New Orleans Saints symbol on it. I have never done a graphed afghan before. We found the image he wants and we put it into that knitpro program. My question is: Do you use a graph that gives you like 105 x 120 squares or one that is approx. 42 x 49 squares?

There is a crochet along starting July 15 for graphed afghans. Lillibet (Moomoo) is hosting and teaching those of us who don't know what we are doing! Why don't you join in I am sure all your questions will be answered!

Here is the link to the crochetalong thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53040

Definately go with the XL. Not only is it closer to afghan size (you'll probably still have to put a border around it, but there will be more detail incorporated into the graph.

When I made this one...I used the "XL" and ADDED 20 stitches to each side AND 20 rows to the top and 20 rows to the bottom...

SteelerAfghan001.jpg

When I did this...I used the "BIG" and made a border of rows of various stitches and colors...

SamsSteelerafghan001.jpg

And I did this one using "BIG" and added the border of rows of various stitches and colors...

PGTAfghan001.jpg

Oh now I'm jealous and I'm scared. I'm not sure I can do it. I know that you have to have all these spools of yarn hanging from the back of your work.

Are these done in sc's or in the afghan stitch? I don't know how to do the afghan stitch.

Oh now I'm jealous and I'm scared. I'm not sure I can do it. I know that you have to have all these spools of yarn hanging from the back of your work.

Are these done in sc's or in the afghan stitch? I don't know how to do the afghan stitch.

Teresa, I have joined Lilibet's CAL and I have never done a graphghan or afghan stitch. I did the practice square she suggested and have started on my graphghan (I know I started early, but I couldn't wait :devil)

Come join the CAL you really can do it it is very easy to do the stitch, and reading the chart is easier than I thought it would be and bobbins make the yarn thing not really an issue.

Wow ladies thank you for encouraging yarnlover66 (Teresa to join my Cal)

Teresa really come on over to my crochet along and you will learn lots there.

really read all the posts there and also i can email you some help files..

Don;t be scared... I had never done the tunisian also known as the afghan stitch and I love it i'm hooked...

If you go to the link that wendy pointed out to you there you will see my first work in progress cat in the window which by the way that was my very first afghan stitch graph ghan and i have almost finished it..

I'm going to send you a pm as well .

I plan on joining the CAL for this project. I have to finish up projects for the state fair first that have to be delivered July 28.

Please do send me a pm moomoo.

Hi Teresa can you send me a pm with your email addy . And welcome to the CAL ... It don;t matter when you can pop in to join you will love it there..

I will await your pm with your email addy

Archived