crochet jackpot

:c9 I am in cloud nine!!! My mother went to a yard sale over the weekend and got three big BOXES of thread, a few BAGS of yarn and a lot of magazines! I had to rearrange my whole stash to find room. It was like christmas twice over. Then I got home and my pattern from crochet memories was waiting for me. Needless to say, I have been content and my house is a wreck!!!:lol

:woo your mom sounds like a great gal!! What a haul! It is definitely yard sale season and worth getting out there to scavenge!! It is wonderful when your friends and family who yard sale know you love yarn and crochet books and they keep an eye out for you!! Enjoy your bounty!!:hook

There were a few Magic Crochet one from Feb. 88 and one in 98. There were a few McCall's Knit and crochet for the home, some Crochet Fantasy, Crochet Thread, Victorian Crochet by Vanessa-Ann and a couple Crochet world. I have such a long wish list!

So glad to hear you mom got you a great stash of yarn. What fun!! Talked

to my mom today and she told me she is cleaning up and wants to get rid of

her yarn and give it to me. Too much yarn is never enough but, my mom

has gone downhill fast since my dad died a year ago. She quit the senior center so the only people she sees is family. Now she is giving up crocheting and her mind is really going to go much faster. She has no other hobbies.

Wow! What a nice haul! I think I'll start praying whenever I go garage sailing, "Please Lord, let there be yarn!" Of course, I don't get to many sales, so if I DO find yarn and crochet/knitting stuff, it would HAVE to be from HIM:hook

Archived