Getting organized

I was watching Mission Organization yesterday and got some great ideas for storing my yarn and projects. I'm going to clean up my room today and put the ideas into practice. The main idea I liked was using cubes to store your yarn. I'm going to clear off my dresser and put the cubes up there. It's a piled up mess right now with all the yarn, magazines, etc. on it. I already have the cubes that I haven't been using for quite awhile. I love watching that show to get info on storing stuff. It also gave me some hints on cleaning up my closet.

I just did something similar on Friday night. Target had a sale on storage/organization stuff. I got a set of shelves with 8 square openings and bought some fabric boxes to use as drawers. It's now on tip of my dresser and I love it!

Good for you!

I re-arranged some of our dresser drawers last night. There must be a hint of organization in the air which is infecting all of us! :lol

~ Joy

Hmm... so that's why my room is becoming more of a mess instead of less... It's that whole law of Entropy. (In short, nature abhors a vaccume and tends towards disorder.) Everyone else is adding structure to the universe so, the chaos has to go somewhere. Gee... thanks :P j/k. I'm organizationally challeneged to begin with...

Hmm... so that's why my room is becoming more of a mess instead of less... It's that whole law of Entropy. (In short, nature abhors a vaccume and tends towards disorder.) Everyone else is adding structure to the universe so, the chaos has to go somewhere. Gee... thanks :P j/k. I'm organizationally challeneged to begin with...

You know how to combat that entropy, right? You send the chaos someplace else! :haha

If you're not on the Flylady thread in the Off Topic Conversations, take a peek. I was really skeptical about it at first, mostly because she's So-Dang-Chirpy, but I have to admit - our dramatically improving home has much to do with following Flylady's orders.

~ Joy

I just did something similar on Friday night. Target had a sale on storage/organization stuff. I got a set of shelves with 8 square openings and bought some fabric boxes to use as drawers. It's now on tip of my dresser and I love it!

I'm looking at theTarget site and I can't find the shelves you bought. Please, could you point me in the right direction? The cubes I was going to use isn't going to work out.

You might check out Costco too, they usually have grids/cubes there, and they are about an inch bigger. I have them 2 cubes wide and up to the ceiling- I love it.

~Tami

Well, finally moved the disaster out of the dining room and into the spare room. Half the room was piled up about 3 feet high with yarn. i just stood there with this big stupid grin on my face ... until I remembered that I have to put it away now. it's so easy to say - need more when it's spread out around the house.

I'm looking at theTarget site and I can't find the shelves you bought. Please, could you point me in the right direction? The cubes I was going to use isn't going to work out.

It was in their flyer last week. I'm looking to see if I can find it online.

This one is similar, but mine was 2x4.

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/Default.aspx?action=browsepagedetail&storeid=2508807&rapid=406941&pagenumber=17&listingid=-2093231587&ref=%2ftarget%2fDefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepagespread%26storeid%3d2508807%26rapid%3d406941%26pagenumber%3d16

If the link doesn't work, let me know and I can take a picture of mine.

The main idea I liked was using cubes to store your yarn. I'm going to clear off my dresser and put the cubes up there.

A lot of the yarn shops I have been to use cubes to put their yarns in.

The Big Lots near me carries the cubes that are open, like milk crates, and they also have the canvas ones that you can hang from your closet. I'm pretty sure that Wally World has cubes. I know Lowe's does, but they can be rather pricey.

I need a new way to store my thread. I'm going to be destashing my yarn, getting rid of the stuff that isn't already a WIP/WIM, and I may use the containers for thread (or clothes that I can't wear for longer than a year :P), but I'd like some ideas that would make it look nicer. Right now, I have it in my JoAnn's black rolling yarn tote, and it's full to the brim, as well as a cream-colored canvas tote-cube from Bed, Bath, and Beyond (got it for $3 on clearance, so bought one for dd's room, one for me), which is full as well. I want something that's gonna look nice, out of the way, and to where dh isn't gonna freak about the "disorderliness". Any ideas?

I have quite a few milk crates aroung here so I decided to try that. It looks better than I thought it would! I'll be able to bring skeins of yarn downstairs and sort it by color. I've been keeping it in plastic bedding bags. The kind that blankets, comforters and sheet sets come in that zip closed. I got a whole bunch of them at Goodwill to store stuff in in the attic. How's everyone elses organizing coming along?

Archived