Feet Need Socks Crochet-along

Donna

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe I think we all know the danger of letting our socks hear something like that... it's almost as bad as saying 'I can't wait to start the second one'! ;)

P.S. Don't be too slow about the details either, lol I need my sock fix :lol

Since your interest was piqued, I have to do something about that...so..without further ado...here are the "Josh b' Gosh" socks.

Dscn1245sm.jpg

I made these with the yarn from my SP. It's called Dancing from Knit Picks. LOVE it. It's the first time I worked with yarn with elastic in it and ended up frogging several times because I kept pulling too tightly...but I finally got it and I love them. They are really comfortable. Since this was a pattern for Josh...I had to make him a pair too...so two pairs of socks completed this weekend

Dscn1248sm.jpg

These were made with Lion Brand's Magic Stripes.

I am working on a written pattern for these socks and hope to have them on my site....sometime. Also trying to get a sock yarn review done for the sock thread.

If Mickey would get off the desk and stop playing with the mouse I might be able to type a little better!

Of course you picqued my interest, you know I'm a sock addict lol Okay, maybe not as bad as you, but still! And you never know what kind of sock yarn is going to fly around in secret pals, i mean really

I'll have to keep that yarn in mind. I got a couple of balls of Sock It To Me(?) from my aunt in exchange for some mohair, and I like working with it okay. It only took about half a ball to make one sock though! I'm saving the rest of the yarn for once I learn how to knit socks, because they feel a little funny crocheted with this yarn for some reason. I have my DPNs, now I guess I just need to learn to knit lol

Love the name, love the socks! That yarn looks really cool :D

Is that standard government issue floor tile I spy in the picture of Josh's sock? Looks very, very familiar! :lol

Great job Kimberly! And thank you for providing me with my much needed sock fix :hook

Yup...Army flooring. At least you aren't seeing the dirt gggg

Love the name, love the socks! That yarn looks really cool :D

Is that standard government issue floor tile I spy in the picture of Josh's sock? Looks very, very familiar! :lol

Great job Kimberly! And thank you for providing me with my much needed sock fix :hook

Since I am a self-confessed sock a holic I though I would make this button in case anyone wants one.

socks.jpg

Now.....where is the mitten-a-long thread?????????? I think that is what I will be working on all summer....socks and mittens :eek

If this CAL is still open to I'd love to join! I've taken a peek at the sock patterns on the Feet Need Socks site and I'm going to get started on them this afternoon! :D

hooray! (yes, it's still open)

I'm in the process of revamping the site and adding some additional content. When that goes live, I am also adding the numbers of you who have joined recently. :)

Kimberly - how bout one red and white striped one and one blue starred one? I bet Jacob would wear them if nobody else lol. Well, I would, for that matter (I think Jacob and I have much in common) but I don't think you wanna go to all that trouble for me! :lol

I started another sock last night, they're my.... well... $@ socks, because I was in a bad mood and they're bright red woolease (finally found a use for all that extra yarn I got for Kat's mittens!) I was using the only hook I could find though, and had to frog them out because it was way too small. I'll have to try again later...

slipper/sock swap? Did I miss that?

I'll need to make a practice pair of socks, because I want to do the Sock/Slipper Swap in October...even have the yarn, want to do the toe up ones, just need TIME.

Kathy

Shoot I want to make those socks for ME ggg.

I started knitting a new pair of socks this weekend using the magic loop method. I like it better then dpns that's for sure. I did order the book Crazy Toes and Heels and can't wait to get it. I learned how to cast on with her tutorial and I love it so I can do them toe up. I want to learn how to do her heel as I am just not getting the short row thing....so for now I guess I need to just work on my other project.

Kimberly - how bout one red and white striped one and one blue starred one? I bet Jacob would wear them if nobody else lol. Well, I would, for that matter (I think Jacob and I have much in common) but I don't think you wanna go to all that trouble for me! :lol

magic loop drives me crazy with all of the pulling the loop around stuff, heh. I learned how to do it so I could do it on the plane and then I just used my dpns anyway! ah well. I might try two circulars, but I think I might just be a dpn person (taught a friend how to knit on dpns while I was on vacation, too -- I may be a new knitter, but I sure have knit a lot of socks).

oh and -- short rowing makes no sense (at first) if you think about it, you just have to do it. It's so weird, I didn't get it at all (and I was a super new knitter when I did my first short rowed heel), so I just went by the directions and it worked out and made sense and now it's one of my favorite parts! :)

Shoot I want to make those socks for ME ggg.

I started knitting a new pair of socks this weekend using the magic loop method. I like it better then dpns that's for sure. I did order the book Crazy Toes and Heels and can't wait to get it. I learned how to cast on with her tutorial and I love it so I can do them toe up. I want to learn how to do her heel as I am just not getting the short row thing....so for now I guess I need to just work on my other project.

I got a sock knitting book yesterday, and I tried it out last night, but I had so much trouble figuring out the cast on that I gave up and started to crochet them... they were my #@&$ socks actually :lol

I'll have to try again later... I want to learn to do them toe up too.

Archived