Crochetgarden Lil sunhat

Daydreamer-girl

Question

15 answers to this question

Are you seeing the points where the hat "dips" when you hold it by the top.

If you can find those ch 3 spaces in there, it might get you on the right track.

It is tempting to try this. does it take much yarn (really) I have a skein of Eco cotton I might use to test it.

I used thinner yarn than what the pattern said, so I had to make more rows for the hat and brim. But since it is quite stretchy I guess it will fit for the "right" head circumference, anyway. I don´t know exactly how much yarn I used, a little more than one skein.

This is a little frustrating... I don´t know what a "dip" means or which "seams" it is referred to...

I used thinner yarn than what the pattern said, so I had to make more rows for the hat and brim. But since it is quite stretchy I guess it will fit for the "right" head circumference, anyway. I don´t know exactly how much yarn I used, a little more than one skein.

This is a little frustrating... I don´t know what a "dip" means or which "seams" it is referred to...

i have just started this so I can't say too much at this point

that being said...

I am guessing that the hat will tend to fold in at about 5 spots - those would be the dips. I'll try to check in tomorrow if I have enough done :wlol

My loaner puppy is here and is very needy right now. I am actually puppysitting him for his regular puppysitter.

I can't walk without him between my feet and he rarely lets me sit without being all over me.

His mommy and sibs have gone on a three month mission trip so it might be tense for a while.

all of this to say I have not had a minute to work on the hat. The forum sounds like a good idea

Ok, thanks so much :)

It´s no rush to finish the hat, but if I wait to long it will be yet another UFO.

And we have a CAL for that too :rofl

I am still working on mine but I realized that because I had a fatter yarn, I have to make the beginning longer than 4 inches to be in scale.

I am now at the point of making the brim and like you I have 6 "dips" in mine. i am tempted to think they have a typo at the site.

This yarn is killing my wrists and the print on the screen is killing my eyes as well. What I would do is place a bow in the centre of the 6 "dips" and colour that puppy done.

I am just going to finish my brim as I see fit. I can't deal with the text at the site and it won't work and play well when I tried to save it to Word.

Archived