63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chatty -

Your colors sound really pretty . I bet that'll make a beautiful afghan .

Penny - Glad you joined -- what colors are you using ?

and Sara

Will be waiting to hear what colors you picked ! I'm not familiar with the yarn company thing you're talking about, so not sure what it is .

You all have a great weekend -

Chatty -

and Sara

Will be waiting to hear what colors you picked ! I'm not familiar with the yarn company thing you're talking about, so not sure what it is .

Juie,

In another thread we are talking about the issue of crochet being the ignored needle art. Yes, that topic has been done to death. We've wondered why knitting mags are sooo filled with ads from yarn comanies and why they are not in crochet mags.

Well, I decided that I'm going to make an effort to buy the "pricier" yarns and let the companies know that I am using it to CROCHET and that I would like to see them address the crochet audience more. I know I am a small voice, but maybe it will get them thinking :think "Hmmm. This customer just purchase X dollars worth of yarn...how much more could we be making if more crocheters purchase our yarn?"

Sara

I am on square 16!! I have to finish up the edging and it will be done. I already organized the yarn and know what colors are going for what squares. I am using what I already have so this is going to be a many-colored afghan. I am going with the same scheme (putting light, medium, and dark colors where they go). So we will see how it turns out!

:devil

Penny & Micky

The all different colored squares will be pretty ! It'll look like an old fashioned quilt .

Sara

Yes, it does seem that knitting gets a lot of attention, depending on what is being made. I think knitted sweaters are beautiful , but crocheted afghans are much prettier .

You can count me in on this! I just found this crochet along today but I've actually already started the afghan a couple of weeks ago. My sister requested it for her birthday in September. I've only done the first 7 squares so maybe this crochet along will set a fire under my rear end! I'm using RHSS in Aran, Rose Pink & Spruce. This is my first afghan so I hope it comes out good enough for a present!!!!:sweat

Annie's Attic sent me a shipping confirmation yesterday, so I expect to have the book soon. I plan to look around the 'net today to find the yarn (I want to try Lamb's Pride).

First, though, I really need to think of a color scheme. I know I want to do 3 colors. Unfortunately I am very color dumb :(. The art teacher at work always makes fun of me and says I'm pitiful. :blush Is there a site on the web that can help me understand what colors go well together?

Sara

You're welcome, I found it awhile back when I was doing a search on web safe colors. I bookmarked it and us it a lot to find colors when I'm doing a page on one of my sites.

:frog

I haven't picked mine up in awhile. I do have 9 done so far. I have teacher's gifts to xstitch now and I just finished up a bday afghan for a friend's dd. I'm hoping in the summer to get more done as I will be taking kids to swimming and such. :blush

Hi all,

I'm back! I've dropped the project down for a while and the last weekend, I finally picked it up again. I managed to finish 3 squares - 10-12. Picutures are posted on my blog. I am particularly happy with square 10.

I find that once I'm done with one, I have to start chaining for the next immediately ... otherwise would just stop there. :lol

Now I'm on to square 13. Hope to see you soon.

As soon as I finish the 2 afghans I need to finish right now I'll pick this one back up and trade it off with the other rose one I have to do so that I won't get bored with either one.

:frog

I finally got my #8 square mastered. :clap I just put it to one side, and went on with the rest. I came back to it after finishing #15 Granny square. And for some reason it just worked right. I don't know why I couldn't get it right before, but I sure am glad I'm done with it now.

I never thought I crocheted tight. But I guess I was wrong. I've had to go up at least one or two hook sizes for most of the blocks, but when I had to go up to a "K" for the Granny square I came to the conclusion I crochet tight. :think

I'm putting it to one side for a little while. I have a baby afghan to do for my niece who is due in July. As soon as I finish that, it's back to the 63 Squares for me. :hook

Thanks. I use Bernat CottonTots in Sunshine, Pretty in Pink and Sweet Green. One reason I like this afghan is the colour combination in the picture, therefore, I stick to the original.

I just finished another one last night. Square 13 was really a breeze to make and the size is perfect. Besides, it is really beautiful. Another satisfactory accomplishment! But I didn't have photo yet.

Update: I have just posted a picture of Square 13 on my blog. Besides, I would like to say that since I am knitting more than crocheting, there are more knitting stuff on my blog than crocheting one. So, I am working on a separate page for this project so that my crochet friends here can see my work without being bothered by the knitting stuff. It is almost done. Thanks.

Agnes,

Yes, you're right, the number 13 turned out really pretty . I'm not familiar with the Bernat yarn, but sure do like the colors you chose. I usually just use good old Red Heart for most everything .

I'll be looking forward to seeing your updated website with your 63 info on it. Don't forget to send a link to it to Donna, she will list it on her main page so that everyone can click on it to go see it ! :U

Sleepystitcher -

That granny square afghan on your web page is just gorgeous ! That must have taken a LOT of patience !

Did you just use all scrap colors or did you choose the colors you would use ? It's certainly an heirloom item. I hope you have someone special to pass it down to someday !

Archived