Crocheting with hair?

A while back I was looking through a huge list of crochet links and I came across a site about crocheting with human hair. You had to be a paid member to look through the site, so I only saw the front page, but was interested. I can't find the link now, and was wondering if anyone here had ever crocheted with human hair? It seems to me that it would be difficult in the sense of it being so incredibly thin and I'm wondering how you join the hair together. If anyone's done this, can you share some information with me?

That's the site, thanks. It sounded gross to me at first too, but I can't see it being any worse than crocheting with animal hair. If you're using your own, or a loved ones, I don't see it being gross at all. I'm just wondering if the hair is spun into thread or actually used one strand at a time.

Oddly enough I just heard a program on the radio the other day about a lady who made wreaths with human hair of her ancestors. Weird, but interesting.

I bought a horsehair barrette once - because I thought it was neat -but the idea of crocheting with my own hair - yeah, that kinda sounds weird. I mean - I certainly have enough of it - could probably make an afghan its so darn thick!

Geez as much of my hair I find all over the bedroom floor and in my brushes I mgiht save some money on yarn :lol does sound really creepy though.

Oh me too :lol I have crazy curly hair so I don't think mine would be good for anything.

Archived