Children's Hospital Homemade Items Drive - Update

UPDATE:

1 1/2 months left to help out some really deserving kids. Please PM me if you have any finished items you can send to give to these kids that are stuck in the hospital. Toys, blankets, hats, scarves, anything would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

--Original Post--

This is in Seattle, WA and surrounding areas.

A friend of mine is doing a drive for homemade items of any type, including CROCHETED, sewn, knitted (gasp!) or any other you can think of. I am creating small egg animals and critter hats for the kids.

Items can be for any age child; Preemie to 18 years of age.

Any donations of yarn would be appreciated, I can help minimally with shipping expenses or if you would like to mail me your contributions (finished items) they would be greatly appreciated. She is accepting donations until August 6, 2005. I will post pictures of the animals and hats when I can. Natural colors prefered for yarn donations, ie: brown, white, yellow, black, etc. However pink and red can be useful for tongues and ears. Please email me if you are interested. tandy@bettsclan.com

Her son received treatment there when he was born for a heart defect, on August 6th he will be 2 years old. Never would have happened without Children's Hospital. Thank you.

hi, was wondering what kind of things you are looking for. is this for like a auction that they have or something? let me know as i would like to contribute something. i have friends whos son has been to childrens and they are awesome. :hug vicki

Any item may be donated as long as it is hand-made and something fit for a child between Preemie and age 18. Hats, scarves, clothes, blankets, toys, slippers, anything you can think of that a child would like. These are items that will be given to the hospital to hand out as they wish to the children there. One of the ladies in my yarn knitting/crochet group said that they take a cart around full of these items and let the family choose something. I am concentrating on toys and hats for 2-8 year olds as I thought they probably receive quite a few blankets for the babies. But anything you would like to give is appreciated. Thank you.

This sounds great! I am currently working on a childs blanket with some extra yarn I had and didn't know quite what to do with it when it is done. If you would be interested, I think I will get it to you so you can donate it for me. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I hope you get lots of stuff!!

~ DAWN

Thanks for posting! We love this hospital. My dd had open heart surgery there 2 years ago, when she was 4, and would love to help however we can. I'll start thinking of what I'd like to contribute. Maybe crocheted bags with games and toys in them. I just made a crocheted tic tac toe game that I plan to put in a matching messenger bag. I'd like to do a checkers game as well, maybe double sided.

Those are too cute. :yay Thank you for sharing. The puppy egg & monkey hat are my favs, but I would have a hard time turning the others down. I know the kids will love them.:clap

Archived