Recycled Granny Square Tote Bag

RecycleCindy

motifmedbag1.JPG

Granny Square Motif Tote

Here is my latest recycled tote bag which features a granny square motif that is about 12 inches square. This tote bag is a variation of a smaller granny square purse I made several months ago. Here is the free crochet pattern for your use. I hope you enjoy this recycled eco-friendly project! :hook

Your recycled crafts are great! I was very excited about crocheting plastic once myself, but found that the bags I made ended up way too thick for my liking. Any suggestions?

Your recycled crafts are great! I was very excited about crocheting plastic once myself, but found that the bags I made ended up way too thick for my liking. Any suggestions?

You could either cut your strips narrower than 1 inch or you might try crocheting with a mesh type stitch. The closeup of the bag below has a more open type stitch which might work for you.

grocerytoteoutside.thumbnail.jpgClick here for the pattern for this bag.

One of this days I am going to crochet with plastic bags. I was thinking that making large "sacks" would be good to use when I go to Aldi's (you have to pay for shopping bags). Thank you very much for your pattern.

Archived