Help the newbie with a Whipstitch?

suzidemars

Question

Ok, so I want to make these angels. Aren't they adorable!!!!

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/gsangels.html

Scroll down to the end and where it has you stuff the little head then whipstich aroung and pull to gather..... I found plenty of pics and tutorials on how to whipstitch 2 pieces together, but I'm not doing so well on the around and pull. I may just have to make up a Suziwhipstich..... and things like that don't turn out so pretty!!:2eek

Any help is very appreciated. I love this place!:clap

5 answers to this question

Basically, she just wants you to weave the thread in and out of the stitches (a running stitch would do), so you can gather the open end and pull tightly to close.

To whipstitch, simply insert the needle in the same direction in each st. IE: coming from the inside out in every stitch.

Hope this helps!

Sally

Sometimes I think I should just go back to my knitting... I seem to need so much more help with this than I did when I learned to knit. Of course I was able at that time to buy 4-5 books with great illustrations right off the bat. I think I have this one, I'm sure I'll have a new problem tomorrow. :yes

I can't get the link to work... is there a name that would let me find the pattern on CPC?

Today the link worked. The "net" is a never ending source of joy and frustration.

I really like the pattern. thank you for sharing!

Archived