Oh, How I LOVE MY HUBBY!!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry for your health problems--but I have great faith that you will be able to walk again--I have a sweet husband like you--your story really made my day because I love knowing that there other ladies out there that are as lucky as I am--:cheer :cheer :cheer

that is the best thing i have heard in days. you better give the dh a kiss and hold on tight..there arent that many left like him...you have a winner

My hubby really is a rare gift, and I'm not just saying that because of the pattern. He's always doing things like this for me. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I wouldn't trade him for all the gold in the world. :manyheart

Elle

Congratulations Elle, on your eBay win and especially such a sweetheart for a hubby! I think I might have married his long lost brother, my hubby does sweet things like that for me also! Aren't they great!:hug :hug :hug

I think the thing I like best about him is that, as masculine as he is, he understands how women think, and he's not afraid to let that be known. I'd be lying if I said that we never argue, we have had some doozies when it comes to arguements, but we always talk it out, and once it's done, it never comes up again. That's the key, I think. Communication. I trust him with my life. We may not be rich monetarily, but we're millionaires when it comes to our relationship. :c9

Elle

Have fun working on that afghan and please share your progress with us on the blanket and on your medical situation. You have a wonderful husband. Is there somewhere we could see a pic of the blanket you're working on?

Is this the one:

http://www.tobealight.com/images/crochet/IndianAfghan.jpg

That's a big project! I bet it'll be absolutely beautiful when you get done.

Yes, that's the one! I can't WAIT to get the pattern so that I can start working on it! As soon as I get it started, I will take pics as I go so that everyone can see my progress. I have to find the cord for my digital camera though, I can't upload any photos from the camera without it. If need be, I will just get one from the manufacturer, because I need my camera for other things as well, but I know that cord has to be around here somewhere!

As far as my medical situation goes, things are improving every day. My left leg came back right away, and at this point I can freely move my foot and toes on my right side, and I'm getting back enough strength that I can pick up the leg on my own to move it. Until Saturday, if I wanted to move it, I had to physically pick it up with my own hands and move it. I'm just taking it slowly so that I don't set myself back by trying to rush my recovery. It's frustrating, to say the least.

Elle

What a wonderful story.. Sorry to hear you are having medical problems, but what a great guy you have. Made me smile and "awwwww" out loud

Best wishes to you and keep us posted

Joyce

Thanks, Joyce. :)

Like I said, I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I'm sure glad he's mine! :yes

Elle

Elle, your husband sounds like a great guy!! I'm so happy for you (that you won your pattern and that you have such a supportive husband).

Thank you, Karen. :hug

Elle

wow - not only are you one strong woman but you have the coolest hubby around!:hug

I don't know how strong I am, but I told myself when I was diagnosed with this (adhesive arachnoiditis) that I wasn't going to let it get the best of me and I was never going to give up and let it win, at least not without a bugger of a fight! I'm blessed in that my hubby is behind me 100% in the fight, and I think that makes it easier to take, knowing that no matter what happens, he'll still be here with me. I always tell him that he worries too much, but truth to tell, I wouldn't want him to be any other way. :)

Elle

Elle,

God has blessed you with a wonderful husband! He sounds very loving and supportive!

Yes, Ann, I really am blessed! Not just with my hubby, but with all the wonderful folks here at C'ville who have all shown not just happiness for what he did for me, but concern for my health. Thank you, it's very much appreciated!

Elle

Congratulations on getting the winning bid and on getting a winning DH.....I think I also might have one of his realitives....My DH is the same type..

Sorry to hear about your medical problems, hope all goes well.

Isn't it great to have a guy like this? We're lucky women to have these men! :cheer

On the medical front, things are looking up. I still don't have the results of the MRI from Friday, but I'm getting more and more mobile as time goes by. :hug

Elle

that is sooo sweet! wonderful, thanks for sharing. it has made my day!

Thanks so much! And you're welcome! :hug

Elle

Aww that was so sweet of him. I hope everything goes ok for you. :)

Thank you. :) We're taking things one day at a time. :hug

Elle

Well an awesome thing to do for you! Congrats on the win, both on eBay and on picking out your HUSBAND!!! :)

Thanks, KnicKnac. :) I do have to toot his horn and say that I think he's the BEST! :cheer

Elle

:ebay + :yarn :yarn = :manyheart

I read this post aloud to my husband (as he's playing PS2), and we both agreed your husband is wonderful!

Huzzah for loving, caring spouses!

~ Joy

Thanks, Joy! Tell your hubby thanks for me, too! Huzzah for loving, caring spouses! :cheer

Elle

ahhhhhh...thank heavens for sweet hubbies like yours elle!

your story made my day. congratulations for getting what you wish for from fairy good hubby!

Ugh! It has started to storm here and the computer is trying its best not to cooperate with me. I've been responding to each post individually but it looks like we might lose power for a while, and since everyone was sweet enough to reply to my post, I want to thank each person individually and not leave anyone out, so I'm going to combine my responses to several people into one or two more posts so that nobody is left out in case I can't get online for a while. :)

Thank you, Susy! I can't wait to start working on the afghan! Now it's going to seem like forever waiting for the pattern to get here because this is a little town and mail often takes longer to get here for some reason. I'm so impatient! :)

Marina34 - I have to say it IS great! :) Thank you for the hugs and good wishes. They're appreciated more than you know! :hug

Mandys76 - Thank you very much. It's comforting to have so much support and to know that people care! I think that's the best thing about C'ville - the people! :hug

Charitas - Thank you! Hubby is the best thing that ever happened to me! :)

Gardener - Thank you, Cindy. I'm getting stronger each day. The difficult part is trying not to rush things, but I know if I try to do that, I'll just keep setting myself back, so I've got to take it slowly. :)

MizDuck - Thank you, Kris. It really was such a wonderful surprise! Things are getting back to normal a little bit at a time. :)

Misssmaggie - Thank you! :)

Bjsmamajoy - Thank you, I agree! I'm very lucky that he's mine! :c9

Elle

I am sorry for your health problems--but I have great faith that you will be able to walk again--I have a sweet husband like you--your story really made my day because I love knowing that there other ladies out there that are as lucky as I am--:cheer :cheer :cheer

Thank you, Ruth! :) We're lucky women to have men like them, aren't we? Your support and faith is very much appreciated. :hug

Elle

Archived