Oh, How I LOVE MY HUBBY!!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are one very lucky person. It is hard to find a husband that understands your love for crocheting enough to do something that sweet.

I AM very lucky in that no matter what it is I'm involved in, DH always supports me to the end. He doesn't understand the differences between different types of yarn, or why something is meant to be done in thread instead of yarn, but he loves watching me crochet and he's always right there with a "wow, that turned out great!", even if he follows it up with a "what do you do with it?" :lol

Elle

Congrats on the auction and on having a wonderful man! I said a prayer for your health.

Thanks, RoseRed, and thanks so much for the prayer. It means more than you could know. :hug

Elle

What a great hubby!!! Lemme tell you...I was the one bidding on that afghan until about 30 dollars! I am glad it went to someone on the ville. Please keep usposted on the progress on the project. I want to hear about it. You are in my prayers reguarding your health!

I AM very lucky in that no matter what it is I'm involved in, DH always supports me to the end. He doesn't understand the differences between different types of yarn, or why something is meant to be done in thread instead of yarn, but he loves watching me crochet and he's always right there with a "wow, that turned out great!", even if he follows it up with a "what do you do with it?" :lol

Elle

My husband is the same way. He loves to watch me crochet and even brags to other people about what I have made. He is a lot like yours. He doesn't understand the differences in the types of yarn, but thats ok.

You have surely picked a winner in the hubby sweepstakes! My hubby would have a stroke if I paid that much for one pattern, let alone spend that much money for it himself! lol. He's a great guy, but he just wouldn't understand.

I am praying your health gets better and your fingers will fly right through that afghan!

:hook,

Lorry

What a great hubby!!! Lemme tell you...I was the one bidding on that afghan until about 30 dollars! I am glad it went to someone on the ville. Please keep usposted on the progress on the project. I want to hear about it. You are in my prayers reguarding your health!

Well, if all goes as planned, you may get a crack at another one of those patterns. Having no idea that DH was going to do what he did, when my $25 bid was outbid, I decided to post on the two Freecycle groups that I belong to asking if anyone had the pattern and wanted to find a new home for it. I received two replies from women saying that they DID have the pattern, but it had been years since either one had seen their copy. Both, however, said that they don't throw patterns away, so they're sure they have their copies around their houses somewhere. They are both going to look for them, and when they find them, they are going to mail them to me. If I receive them in time for the auction, I will be donating one (or both, if I receive both) so that Crochetville can benefit from it! So keep your fingers crossed that one or both of these ladies are able to find their copies of the pattern. :)

Thanks so much for the prayers, Monkeybabies. They are very much appreciated.

Elle

My husband is the same way. He loves to watch me crochet and even brags to other people about what I have made. He is a lot like yours. He doesn't understand the differences in the types of yarn, but thats ok.

I figure there's a lot worse things they could be than yarn-ignorant. :lol

Elle

You have surely picked a winner in the hubby sweepstakes! My hubby would have a stroke if I paid that much for one pattern, let alone spend that much money for it himself! lol. He's a great guy, but he just wouldn't understand.

I am praying your health gets better and your fingers will fly right through that afghan!

:hook,

Lorry

That's why, when I found out what he had done, I made sure that he knew that he had only bought the pattern, and not the actual blanket! :lol

Thanks for the prayers, Lorry. They are very much appreciated!

Elle

Archived