Oh, How I LOVE MY HUBBY!!!!!

In the thread about the Annie's Attic Indian Blanket, there was a link to an Ebay auction for the pattern. Three days ago I went to Ebay and put in my bid for the pattern, my maximum bid was $25. I figured that was what I was willing to spend for it, MAYBE a little more. Well, I was quickly outbid only about 30 minutes after putting in my bid, so I resigned myself to the fact that it was going to go way higher than I really wanted to spend for it. I checked it last night and saw that the new high bid was $40, and thought "well, some lucky person will win it tomorrow, there will be another one coming along one of these days."

I got home from work about half an hour ago. I changed my clothes, got myself a soda, and sat down at the computer to read my email. One of the first emails in my mailbox was from Ebay and the subject was "You won ebay item SOUTHWEST STYLE BLANKET AFGHAN CROCHET PATTERN". I literally let out a shriek and DH looked up at me from his PS2 game and said, quite calmly, "everything OK dear?" with a huge grin on his face. I looked at him and said, "I had bid on this thing, but I got outbid practically right away! I didn't put in any more bids because it went all the way up to $40 and I didn't want to spend that much on a pattern." He said, "Correction - $41.75. I KNOW how much you wanted that pattern, you have talked about nothing BUT that blanket for the last week, so I went in to see what the bidding was up to, and there was 2 minutes left. So I put in a bid and waited, and YAY! I WON!"

I looked at him and asked him if he knew what he had done, that it was just a small pamphlet that I was getting and not A BLANKET and he said he was very well aware of that, but after what I have gone through in the last week, and knowing how much I wanted that pattern, he said he didn't care if he had to spend $100 on it, he was getting me that pattern!

On Tuesday, my legs stopped working. Something that we're not totally surprised about, but we were hoping that it would be a couple of years yet until we had to deal with that. It's the natural progression of my spinal damage, but because of the way it happened, we really weren't sure at first whether it was that, or if I had had a stroke. Off to the ER in an ambulance we went, and fortunately, my head CT scan showed everything to be normal. But I've been back in my wheelchair since Tuesday and it's just today that I can walk short distances again with the help of my cane. My neurologist says that he thinks everything will return pretty much to normal with a bit of strength training, but I've been to **** and back since Tuesday wondering if I had taken my last steps before spending the rest of my days in my wheelchair. DH said that if that pattern was what it took to make me smile, then no amount of money was too much to spend for it. God, I love that man!!!

Elle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Elle, on your eBay win and especially such a sweetheart for a hubby! I think I might have married his long lost brother, my hubby does sweet things like that for me also! Aren't they great!:hug :hug :hug

Have fun working on that afghan and please share your progress with us on the blanket and on your medical situation. You have a wonderful husband. Is there somewhere we could see a pic of the blanket you're working on?

Is this the one:

http://www.tobealight.com/images/crochet/IndianAfghan.jpg

That's a big project! I bet it'll be absolutely beautiful when you get done.

What a wonderful story.. Sorry to hear you are having medical problems, but what a great guy you have. Made me smile and "awwwww" out loud

Best wishes to you and keep us posted

Joyce

wow - not only are you one strong woman but you have the coolest hubby around!:hug

Congratulations on getting the winning bid and on getting a winning DH.....I think I also might have one of his realitives....My DH is the same type..

Sorry to hear about your medical problems, hope all goes well.

ahhhhhh...thank heavens for sweet hubbies like yours elle!

your story made my day. congratulations for getting what you wish for from fairy good hubby!

What a good man you have! :yes Your story made me feel warm and fuzzy all over. I hope things will continue to go your way.:hug

Archived