Crocheting in Rounds

Dervish

Question

I was wondering why my rounds always look like they are joining on the diagonal. I think it might be because I slip stitch it to the top of the first stitch of the last round. Instead of making a straight seam it makes a diagonal one is this normal.

I also wondered if you chain 2 as the start of a treble (double for all you in America) do you slip stich into the top chain or the top of the first real treble.

Rachel

5 answers to this question

:cheer This is just what happens when you crochet in rounds without turning at the end of each row.

th_CrochetSamples006.jpgth_CrochetSamples026.jpg

The pink sample is done by just joining at the end of each row, just as you have been doing.

The blue sample is done a little differently so the join looks straighter.

The difference is where I did the increases.

On the pink sample, I did the first increase into the place directly below the CH3.

On the blue sample, I did the first increase into the next stitch then did the last increase into the place you usually avoid at the end of the round.

I normally do it the pink way because it does not bother me, where the join is but if you want more info on the blue sample, PM me.

have fun.

Colleen:hug

I have the same problem if I don't turn at the end of each round. I do it like Colleens blue round sometimes too. It depends on the yarn weather it is prominent or not.

Great pics of it Colleen! :)

Most of my round work is in sc, so you don't join, just mark the first stitch. If you work in dc and use ch 2 at your start, DO NOT count it as a stitch. Join all rnds in the first dc instead. This closes the gap and hides the seam better. I hope this helps.

Ellie 13

Archived