FO and then think "bla."??

So I just finished the Seija car seat blanket from the SnB book and was so excited while making. I loved the yarn colors I chose and enjoyed making it, but now that it's done I'm not feeling it.

Now, this is only my second FO other than about 5 amigurumis (my other was also a baby blanket and I loooove it).

I used Bernat Satin in a light light yellow, chocolate brown and aqua blue. (I'll post pictures tomorrow after I can take pics in the light.

The edging turned out kinda off....it's wobbly and wavey. I have no idea what's up with that.

I wet it a bit and laid it flat and it looks a bit better, but I have a feeling it'll go back to wobbly when I move it... plus, I thought you weren't supposed to have to block acrylic??

:(I'm just not excited about the finished product. Do you ever FO something and then not really like it?

Absolutely. In crochet, knitting and sewing — in everything, in fact. Over time I've developed a fairly good but not perfect sense of how my sewing is coming along but I'm not so skilled in either crochet or knitting that way. I think everyone does this sometimes, NeedSleep! On your blanket if the edging is all you don't like, could you remove it and add a different one or just leave it off altogether?

I did my adult BICO in my favourite claret/wine colour and loved it for about3 days then I just lost the feeling for it.

I still love all the elements and the edging is so nice but it just went ...blah!:P

It happens to me too. There were a couple of Project Linus blankies I've made that I loved doing and then after finishing them off, they just were not quite what I had in mind. They're all nice and usefull and will make someone very happy, but just don't make my heart sing. :shrug It happens with everything (especially it seesms, new dinner recipies....)

I just did that. Loved the Nordstrom Hobo Bag (a CAL here) but couldn't get the stitches right, so I changed them to hdc. I did it in white for a summer bag. Added the lace and did pretty good on the lining (first!). But it is way too small (maybe because I did hdc instead of dc) for even my basic stuff. So I don't know if I'll ever use it. I would like to use something like it, but not sure now.

Debbi

Archived