hooded cape

does anyone know of a pattern for a hooded cape? i think i could just make one up on my own, but it would be nice to have a pattern. i'm thinking a cute pointed hood connected to a cape with a big decorative button, for, let's say, fall. regular worsted weight, possibly lion brand wool ease.

open for suggestion. love you girls, thanks in advance.

There is a nice Crocheted Hood in Welden's Practical Crochet (I forget which volume). It's worked from the center in a double crochet cross hatch pattern and comes down over the shoulders. It's meant to be worn over a cloak or a shawl.

I like the hooded cape shown on the back of the Leisure Arts "Wrapped In Style" too! I have the leaflet and yarn, but haven't made it yet. It will be for my teen daughter.

wrapped2.jpg

I like the hooded cape shown on the back of the Leisure Arts "Wrapped In Style" too! I have the leaflet and yarn, but haven't made it yet. It will be for my teen daughter.

wrapped2.jpg

oh, i saw that at michael's today! i really wanted to get that leaflet until i saw that it was 6 bucks. i'm so cheap!

thanks everybody. great ideas. VERY much appreciated!

In a book called CROCHET FASHIONS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY published by Phoebus Publications, there is a lovely hooded coat and a hooded poncho which are great. This book was gifted to me by a friend way back in 1979 and since then I am using it as most of the patterns are timeless and can be adapted easily.

Archived