What is it?

I picked up this yarn (bulk size 5) just for fun the other day. It has almost a terrycloth feel to it, so I was going to make a face towel with a skull in it done in tapestry (SnB's "skullholder" pattern). I wasn't really paying attention, and when I ran out of yarn, I discovered I had this:

x88935545.jpg

A perfect horseshoe shape. I couldn't have made a better horseshoe if I had been trying.

After this photo, I finished off the blue yarn completely by doing a quick scallop edging. It's very soft and cuddly. My husband immediately picked it up and started petting it (he would die if he knew I told you that). The horseshoe shape fits perfectly around the neck.

So, what do you think it is? The best I can think to call it is a "lovie." We don't have pets or children, so it can't really turn into a lovie for them!

What do you think it is?

~ Joy

How about one of those neck rests? You'd need a second side and then stuff it. Could even add something like rice inside or something to heat it up when needed... Maybe do the second side in a diffferent yarn, depending on your mood you could use either side.

Debbi

How about one of those neck rests? You'd need a second side and then stuff it. Could even add something like rice inside or something to heat it up when needed... Maybe do the second side in a diffferent yarn, depending on your mood you could use either side.

Debbi

What an awesome idea! I never would have thought of that . . .

I probably couldn't stuff it with rice, because the yarn is bulky and the stitches are large. But I definitely could stuff it with polyfill . . .

Archived