ACK! Need Afghan Pattern ASAP!

Frangipani

Question

Hiya!

Since I just recently came into a huge stash of yarn, I've decided I am going to make a blanket/afghan for a wedding coming up in two weeks. Not to mention I am POOR at the moment. Anyway, I'm desperately looking for something to make.

My skill level is intermediate I'd say. I've only recently started reading patterns and have never tried ripples but might like giving that a go. I hope to get it completely done before the wedding. I'm sure I can if I work on it every night before the day and I get started ASAP!

Also, most of the yarn I will be using is a bit on the chunky side as I want it to be a sort of couch-cuddle blanket.

Thanks in advance my c'ville buddies!

Bec

5 answers to this question

I don't have any ripple experience, but how about a giant granny square/rectangle? With chunky yarn and a big hook, that should fly along.

Here's instructions on how to start a granny rectangle

http://members.aol.com/SAG55/rectsq.html

You just keep going around and around until it's the size you want. I made this one for my son (he picked the colors :eek )

th_Seanghan.jpg

Holly

Neeto! Thanks everyone. You really came through for me since my internet is slow as snails lately :angry I have to get started tonight!! I'm sure one of those ones where I can just get it to the right size and finish off will be good.

Nik is helping the couple-to-be move right now and he is going to scope out their colour scheme and the size of their couch for me! :heehee

Thanks again!!

Bec

Archived