UK Knitting magazines ?

mom2boys

I buy Simply Knitting every once in a while and I like it :U never bought the other though

I'm addicted to Simply Knitting. I love all of Alan Darts patterns! They give great freebies with their magazines too. Knitting needles, cases, needle rolls, blocking pins and a magnetic needle case, stitch markers - great stuff! I love it!

I like Simply knitting also. I don't think I have ever seen the other magazine.

I like Alan Dart's patterns also. I have been desparetly looking for the Christmas gnomes pattern. Anyone have one they would like to sell?

I'm addicted to Simply Knitting. I love all of Alan Darts patterns! They give great freebies with their magazines too. Knitting needles, cases, needle rolls, blocking pins and a magnetic needle case, stitch markers - great stuff! I love it!

Thank you for all your replies !:) The Knitting magazine is just a little cheaper at 3.75GPD but it has no freebies !

I just did the unthinkable ! I just subscribed to Simply Knitting. I just love the freebies too, I've collected stitch markers and magnetic needle case. I have yet to start learning how to knit !:) I plan to learn knitting before my last Sheep Strings Cafe classes end in June !

Also, I picked up an April issue from Indigo about 4 weeks back and forgot about it. I went to Shopper Drugmart and picked up another copy !:( Talk about forgetful !:( I'll have to start writing down what I have in yarns and pattern books soon !:lol

I bought Simply Knitting ...the last couple of issues because there were cute little farm animal patterns in them...and they broke them up into 2 parts...a couple of animals one issue and the rest of them in the other issue...very clever...

So when I have the time, I'm going to give them a shot...they're adorable. I haven't knitted in years...but sometimes I like to do it just to see if I still can....

I think it was issues March and April.

Hi simply knitting has cool knitting patterns, but generallythe crochet is only one or two patterns in every issue and usually so simple you could rewrite the pattern in three lines. i think here in the uk we are definately a few years behind the us in pattern evolution!. ther is also knitting today which has some more unusual knits in - necklaces and vintage looking cardis.

I think you get more patterns for your buck with the us magazines and thats after i've paid the import price a borders.

I like Alan Dart's patterns also. I have been desparetly looking for the Christmas gnomes pattern. Anyone have one they would like to sell?

smokeyp81, because of the demand for them, Simply Knitting is selling the "Christmas Gifts" gift insert separatley on their website http://www.simplyknitting.co.uk/page/simplyknitting?entry=alan_dart_gnome_pattern

hope this helps

I also have a subscription to this wonderful large format magazine!

Archived