RE: Candy Blankies pattern book

kjdfairy2

Does anyone know if the blankets shown in this listing are from this book. The Ebay seller is vague with the description and doesn't say what the name of the book is, but I'm guessing it's Candy Blankies. I like the patterns, but Amazon is cheaper, plus free shipping.

Thank you!

I am always suspicious when the seller doesn't state the name of the book.

I just found it at Chapters online, I would guess it IS the same book you found at Amazon. Chapters went into a little more detail: 144 pages, soft cover, which is what the ebay listing states.

There was another book on the weekend someone was interested in, and we wound up finding out what book it was and got it cheaper at a retail online store.

eBay just isn't what it used to be, but I guess, as with any auction, you do have to know what you're bidding on.

Sally

I don't know either, but I sure would like to have it also, but do not want to pay that price on EBAY. That seems outreageous.

I'd say it's the same. Read the description and reviews on Amazon. It sounds the same. Candi has only made three baby books; Candy Babies, Candy Tots, and Candy Blankies. She also has out Candy Crochet which it all three (or most of) books in one.

I don't know the eBay seller is ripping anyone off. If you go to the bookstores, books usually are more than at Amazon. One book I want is $23 at Borders. At Amazon it's $16.49.

So maybe the seller is just trying to get her money back. That is if she bought out of the store and not online. ;)

I'd say it's the same. Read the description and reviews on Amazon. It sounds the same. Candi has only made three baby books; Candy Babies, Candy Tots, and Candy Blankies. She also has out Candy Crochet which it all three (or most of) books in one.

I don't know the eBay seller is ripping anyone off. If you go to the bookstores, books usually are more than at Amazon. One book I want is $23 at Borders. At Amazon it's $16.49.

So maybe the seller is just trying to get her money back. That is if she bought out of the store and not online. ;)

I checked out the price at my local Books a Million yesterday and they wanted $19.95 for this book. However, they didn't have it in stock, so I couldn't look inside. So the seller is not really "ripping" people off. I'm just a bargain shopper and will always look for something cheaper somewhere else.

Thanks for you input. I think it is the same and will probably just buy the one at Amazon.

I'm surprised this eBay seller is going overboard on her buy-it-now price because she's usually a lot more reasonable. I've bought from her in the past. You could always make her an offer, but I didn't notice if the shipping was equally outlandish which would preclude any negotiation.....

Yes, all those afghans are in "Candi Blankies" I bought mine used from Amazon and paid like $10.00--

Lorry

Thanks! I plan on placing my order tonight. Or are you interested in selling your copy? Also, how did you like the book?

Isn't that being deceptive.....for an e-bay seller to not list the actual name of the book that she is selling? It's like she knows that people can get it cheaper elsewhere, so if she fudges up the name or only uses her own description, people may think it's another hard to find book or something and place bids higher than the book is actually worth? Hmmm, I'm just thinking out loud, not belittling anyone.

Sorry, but I can not part with any of my Candi books! lol. Seriously, the baby blankie book is excellent. She is very creative. You won't regret buying it.

here's to your happy hookin'!

Lorry

I have this book (Candy Blankies), and it is my favorite book of baby afghans. I made the one called Blue Marine. It was very easy and worked up very fast. The end result was gorgeous and looked much more complicated than it was. I got lots of compliments on it. I would definitely recommend the book.

I've found that it's not unusual for ebay sellers to not tell the name of the crochet book they are selling. This one is definitely Candy Blankies.

Archived