My First Dishcloths

DreamsOfYarn

I needed to take a break from my round ripples, so I decided to do a faster project. I made my first dishcloths. I didn't realize how fast they worked up. Since I took the pictures of these, I've made 2 more. These will be going in my Christmas Presents stash to have on hand for last minute gifts. I have a lot of cotton yarn, so I will be making more of these.

th_dishcloth2.jpg

th_dishcloth1.jpg

clickable

Pretty!!

One year I made a bunch of these and gave them for gifts. But I crocheted tightly at the time and used an F hook so they are more like hot pads!! I've learned since then if they are going to be dishcloths to crochet loosely!!

I really like the look of these-very handsome :yes . They look similar (but yet different) to my fav clothes-alternating dc, sc, then sc in the dc and dc in the sc. Would you mind to share your technique?

That is what I did.

After the chain (I chained 30):

row 1- hdc, sc, dc, sc, dc across ending with hdc.

row 2- hdc in first hdc, dc in first sc, sc in first dc across ending with hdc.

row 3- hdc in first hdc, sc in first dc, dc in first sc across ending with hdc.

Continue repeating row 2 and 3 till length desired, then edge as you prefer.

I tried a few combinations, (I wasn't happy with the beginning and ending of the rows, so I tried adding a hdc, liked the way the hdc looked, so that is what I stuck with.

I decided to try one of them out yesterday and gave it a good testing. It worked great. I had a pan with dried mashed taters stuck on it and another pan with mac & cheese (my DS cooked but didn't clean up) and it got it all right off. The only problem I had was the dishwater turned the prettiest shade of purple!! So any dark ones I make I will be keeping for myself. I have more dark cotton to use, so it will be by test cotton!

I need to do something like that. They make great last minute gifts and I really need to start thinking about Christmas now.

Archived