Baby Afghan CAL?

amalin06

So I finally got the baby blanket finished for my friend. She really liked it and thought that the mother to be would love it also. Here are some pictures of my blanket. Hope you like it. Now it is time to start another one.

That's very cute! Who's the second one going to be for? Are you going to use the same pattern?

Anyway, here's my Heavenly Hearts afghan (finally) completed:

532211941_6c864795d2_m.jpg

It's lined with a fleece backing to give it extra padding.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selena

That is really cute. I like that pattern. You asked me who I am going to make the second blanket for. I think I am going to start making some blankets up and just keep them either to sell or to give as a gift. I have not decided what pattern I am going to use yet. I got a new crochet magazine today and it had a really cute blanket in it that I might give a try.

is it ok if I join? I still am working on picking out a pattern and I wish I knew if it was a boy or a girl but they are leaving it to surprise so I will find something green/yellow like for it I was just wondering if anyone can post the link to the kittys in a row blanket I wanted to give that a try but I can't find the pattern. Well time for me to go and recover my crochet supplys from the evil father in laws house hopefully he won't be home

Selena,

That is gorgeous! And your kittens are adorable. I have 3 full grown cats and seeing pictures of kittens gives me "kitten fever", which is sort of like "baby fever" but much easier to remedy!

Well I finally finished the baby blanket I was making for a friend at work. It came out really nice...the blue was just perfect. I didn't take a picture thought. I need to start doing that because I have only made four blankets and need to keep track of which ones I've done.

Well, now I am starting a new baby blanket from Join as You Go Afghans, Christening Rose. I have never done a blanket made with squares so I'll see how it comes out. This time I'll take a picture and let everyone know my progress.

brennae74:yay

Selena,

That is gorgeous! And your kittens are adorable. I have 3 full grown cats and seeing pictures of kittens gives me "kitten fever", which is sort of like "baby fever" but much easier to remedy!

I know! I was only fostering those kittens until they were old enough to eat solid food, and when they went to their new home on Tuesday I think I was suffering a bit from "empty nest syndrome." :worried But the couple that took them is completely in love with them, so I know they went to a good home. :manyheart

Anyway, Melibean, here's the link to the Kittens in a Row pattern: http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/kitsinrow.html

Here is my latest blanket for my cousin. It's the Bubbles pattern slightly enlarged and trimmed around the edges. The colors are sage green and chocolate brown

You may not be able to tell in the photo, but the reason the woven braid is there is because I got 3/4 of the way finished with the blanket and had to buy new yarn. "No Dye Lot," my patootie! The colors were different, so I broke it up with the braid to trick the eye into thinking that the braid was the only difference. The idea for the woven braid came from SNB: HH.

http://100_1791.jpg

Here is my latest blanket for my cousin. It's the Bubbles pattern slightly enlarged and trimmed around the edges. The colors are sage green and chocolate brown

You may not be able to tell in the photo, but the reason the woven braid is there is because I got 3/4 of the way finished with the blanket and had to buy new yarn. "No Dye Lot," my patootie! The colors were different, so I broke it up with the braid to trick the eye into thinking that the braid was the only difference. The idea for the woven braid came from SNB: HH.

you know i would have never noticed. that happened with the baby blanket i just made, but i only had one and a half left to do and i thought i had the same color in my stash, but i was wrong:cry

I noticed the color difference after i put on the trim and washed it as i was folding it i noticed.

by the way is that pattern this pattern:

http://members.aol.com/fourleafcl1064/page24.html

cause if it is, it is the same pattern that i used and also got mixed up colors.

if that is red heart sage green i had the same problem with a different afghan i had bought the normal super saver then when i ran out i bought the one pounder and it was a little bit lighter.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give a quick update on my baby afghan cal. I have finished 10 squares and this is the first blanket i've done with squares. You really can't see the flowers that are in the center of the squares but they are there. I have 5 more rows to go...the only thing I am not looking forward to is weaving in all the ends.

Does anyone have any tips for weaving in ends while doing squares? Should I be weaving them in as I go or wait until I'm finished?

UMM...can anyone tell me how to post a picture? I can't figure it out.:think

UMM...can anyone tell me how to post a picture? I can't figure it out.:think

First, you have to post the picture on a photo hosting site, such as Flickr or Photobucket. Then, once you have a URL for the picture, just copy this code into your post: color]

I think there's also a sticky in the Board Help forum explaining how to post clickable thumbs, if you'd like to see.

This is gorgeous. And what a great idea to trick the idea. Hopefully I will remember that when I need to do something similar.

An update on my blankets: I have one almost done, it's a whole bunch of squares I just need to put together. I should be done in the next few days. I have two others started. It seems like everyone I know is having a baby!! I have 6 blankets to make!!

ok, since i found the afghan of the sandman CAL i moved the baby afghan i was working on to that thread. i am now working on a new crochet garden design. this one is the classic baby afghan. i will post pics of my progress soon.

these CAL help keep me on my toes for getting a stash of baby ghans done. this way i can get a bunch of other items done for the baby showers baskets i make up.

nadine

I finished the baby afghan for my nephew who is due to arrive on July 12th! Here are the pics; they are clickable.

th_6-11-07KarlasBabyBlanket008.jpg

th_6-11-07KarlasBabyBlanket003.jpg

I used Bernat Baby Coordinates in Soft Blue and Iced Mint and a G hook. The pattern is the same that Sourfleed used only I did not complete all the rows. I made mine to be a square. My sister-in-law loved it and everyone oooh'ed & aahh'ed at the baby shower. :c9

I also want to say that the pics of the baby blankets made by Selena K and The Donna are so beautiful! I love the colors both of you used.

Thanks for looking!

I just wanted to post some pictures of the blanket I'm working on. You can't really see the flowers in the center of each square but they are kind of sitting on top of the squares. This is my first time making a blanket out of squares so let me know what you think.:hook

P1000190.jpg

P1000188.jpg

I just wanted to post some pictures of the blanket I'm working on. You can't really see the flowers in the center of each square but they are kind of sitting on top of the squares. This is my first time making a blanket out of squares so let me know what you think.:hook

P1000190.jpg

P1000188.jpg

It's beautiful. Great job.

I used the pattern called Christening Rose from the Join as you Go Afgan Book. I still have five more rows of squares to make so hopefully it comes out okay.

Can anyone tell me when I should be weaving in the ends for all these squares? Should I be doing them as I go or wait until the end? What works best for you guys?

Thanks for all the complements!:hook

I would work them in as you go otherwise its one big pain in the neck at the end!! I hate weaving them in so if I do it as I go it seems like less work.

Archived